Best 10 Degree Backpacking Sleeping Bag for Camping
Healthy sleep during several days of hiking or camping may be vital for your journey. Only the best 10 degree backpacking sleeping bag can guarantee it to you. Since you have to sleep under the stars, on the ground, a comfortable sleeping bag is a must-have at the end of the day full of amazing but physically challenging adventures. The modern market offers a wide range of sleeping bags. Some of them are warm and can handle temperatures below zero; others are weightless and work well for the nights in a desert. Developers add versatile technologies inside the bags, including temperature control, ventilation, extra softness, and even an ergonomic feature.
Therefore, I have created this list with the best sleeping bags that can handle 10 degrees and are considered to be universal. They keep you warm in cold temperatures. However, the best 10-degree sleeping bag is also lightweight, easy to carry around, pack, and is well-ventilated. It provides a high level of comfort during the night, even if you make a camp on the mountain. Forget about sleepless nights when you are feeling every rock under your spine, every breath of wind. A sleepless night during hiking may be extremely dangerous since you have to be careful and cautious in the mountains.
Top 5 Best 10 Degree Sleeping Bags
- Sierra Designs Nitro 0 Degree DriDown Sleeping Bag Ultralight Down Sleeping Bag
- Coleman 0°F Mummy Sleeping Bag for Big and Tall Adults
- Hyke & Byke Katahdin 15 & 0F 625 Fill Power Hydrophobic Sleeping Bag
- 0 Degree Winter Sleeping Bag for Adults Camping (350GSM)R
- Columbia 10 Degree Mount Tabor Mummy Sleeping Bag
These 5 sleeping bags are my favorites, checked by years of numerous adventures. They have multiple benefits and advantages over ordinary sleeping banks you can buy in any store. Read their descriptions and find out which one is the most beneficial for you. Check out the cons I have found. You have to know what you are looking for.back to menu ↑
1. Sierra Designs – Best 10 Degree Backpacking Sleeping Bag
This sleeping bag was created to hold even 0-degree temperature. It is weightless and perfect for both men and women. I describe the regular model here, but the developer also offers a long one and a woman option. Yet, I believe the regular one is universal. It has a reliable zipper. The whole bag weighs only 2.7 pounds, mainly because of the ultra-light materials inside. It is made of the 15D Nylon Ripstop fabrics. Besides, there is a foot vent, foot sealing. The model is extremely comfortable.
- Temperature: holds the temperature of 2F and up;
- Weight: 2.7 pounds only;
- Fabric: 15D nylon, anti-snag zipper tracks;
- Lengths: fits 6’0 inches, 62 inches shoulders, and 56 inches hips;
- Extra benefits: a reliable zipper, extra foot ventilation, weightless, lifetime warranty.
Sierra Designs, a well-known developer of outdoor products, offers a lifetime warranty for this bag. The warranty protects customers from material defects. However, I can’t confirm whether this warranty works since I had no problems with my bag. The temperature limit of this bag is 2 F. If you feel cold wind during the night, make sure you seal the foot ventilation. It is good for winter camping if it is no colder than 2F.
- Think Outside: A lightweight mummy with some tricks up its sleeve, the Nitro brings the classic mummy shape back at an impressively low weight, with incredible comfort. With a simple construction and lightweight materials, the Nitro comes in punching above its weight class, and still features our self sealing foot vent for comfort.
- Features: 800 Fill DriDown | 15D Nylon Ripstop Fabrics | Self-sealing footvent | Anti-Snag Zipper Tracks | Cinch cord hood | Draft dodger baffle | EN tested for performance
- Specs: Weight 2lbs 8oz | Fits 6’ 0” | Shoulder girth 62” | Hip girth 56” | Footbox girth 40” | Insulation 800 Fill Power DriDown| Storage bag and stuff sack included
- Temperature rating: EN Limit 2 F | EN Comfort 15 F. As a rule of thumb, the “Limit” rating should be applied for men, and the “Comfort” rating should be applied for women.
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty – When purchased from an authorized retailer, Sierra Designs products are warranted to the original purchaser against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product. Contact our Customer Service team for prompt service or to answer any questions.
- Holds 2F;
- Lightweight design;
- Reliable fabric;
- Universal size
- Lifetime limited warranty.
- It costs slightly more than ordinary sleeping bags.
back to menu ↑
2. Coleman – Sleeping Bag: 10 Degree and Lower
Coleman`s sleeping bag was created for up to 0F degrees. It is perfect for camping in the winter. Besides, this bag can accommodate even a tall and massive person. The bag weighs 5.8 pounds, and you can carry it attached to your backpack. The style is classic mummy shape, wide in shoulders, narrower close to the feet. It can be used by a person of 6 feet 2 inches in height. There is a drawstring inside the hood, which you can use to seal yourself inside this bag and provide extra heat.
- Weight: 5.8 pounds;
- Shape: mummy with foot box and drawstring tightened hood;
- Temperature: 0F and higher;
- Fabric: polyester ripstop cover;
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches long;
- Extra features: reliable ziplock, hood for more warmth, for tall people.
Coleman is a well-known developer of products for camping, including tents, sleeping bags, and even mini stoves. They offer versatile shapes of sleeping bags for everyone. I still believe that classic mummy shape is one of the best in the cold weather, as it warms your feet more effectively, leaving there no space for cold. Yet, there are some great square bags for cold weather. If the night is warm, you can simply unzip the bottom of the bag.
- Mummy-style adult sleeping bag for camping in temperatures as low as 0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can accommodate most people up to 6 feet 2 inches in height
- Semi-sculpted hood tightens with a drawstring to seal in heat
- Quilting construction, insulated footbox, and Thermolock draft tube for warmth and heat retention
- ZipPlow system plows away fabric to prevent snagging during zipping
- Comfortable with 0F;
- Simple to roll up;
- Extra warm;
- Comfortable for tall people;
- Affordable price.
- No extra ventilation for your legs.
back to menu ↑
3. Hyke&Byke – Synthetic 10 Degree Down Sleeping Bag
Advanced synthetic fabric provides an extra lightness to this mummy-shaped sleeping bag. It also holds a temperature of 0F and higher. The bag is considered to be 4-seasonal, suitable for men and women, perfect for hiking and camping. You can choose whether you want short, regular, or long sizes. Compare your height with the offered dimensions. This bag is filled with the advanced 625 fill power microfiber. It is resistant to moisture and is extra durable. Besides, synthetic fabric is known for its ability to keep the warm inside.
- The weight: 3.22 lbs for short, 3.54 lbs for regular, and 3.91 lbs tall;
- Fabric: high-quality microfiber, waterproof cover. Double YKK zippers;
- Height: short 5.6 inches, regular 6 feet, long 6.6 inches;
- Extra benefits: double zipper, holds low temperatures, waterproof.
Hyke&Byke is still a new name on the American market. They develop versatile goods for outdoor activities. They are already known among the US professional hikers. This time, the company offers extra-high durability, two large zippers for your convenience, and an anti-snag slider. The short size is for people 5 feet 6 inches tall, regular is for 6 feet, tall for 6 feet 6 inches maximum. I recommend you order the size you need, not the bigger or small one.
- 0 Degree Sleeping Bag: Perfect cold weather sleeping bag features WR 625 fill power synthetic insulation with a revolutionary ClusterLoft base to keep you warm from 0 - 30 F; Great for wet conditions
- Hiking Gear: Designed for thru-hiking, backpacking and camping, this lightweight sleeping bag boasts a superior weight-to-warmth ratio at only 3.54 lbs for Regular; Sleeping bag stuff sack included
- Hydrophobic Water Repellent: DWR-Coated camping sleeping bags for adults feature 400T 20 D ripstop nylon fabric liner, large YKK zippers with anti-snag slider, velcro, drawstring & horizontal baffles
- Save Space & Weight: Don't sacrifice comfort! The regular mummy sleeping bag will fit a 6ft person; Warm but ultralight, 4 season winter sleeping bag
- Hyke & Byke Sleeping Bags: USA-based brand offers premium quality camping gear collection of adult & kids sleeping bags, camping tents & sleeping pods for all your adventures in the great outdoors
- Three size options;
- Two zippers;
- Holds low temperatures;
- Price is competitive.
- Developers are still unknown; they just appeared on the market.
back to menu ↑
4. Rioyalo Winter – Best 10 Degree Sleeping Bag for Adults
This is a perfect winter sleeping bag suitable for tall people. The temperature range is from 5F to 32F. I recommend it as a 4 season sleeping bag. Yet, you have to pay attention to the fact that this product is available in one color, and it is pink. If you are ok with it, you can take it hiking with you. It is made of 100 percent lightweight polyester. The top polyester mixed with 350GSM top-notch shell provides you with extra comfort and warmth. As an extra precaution, the developers have added the so-called wind buffer, a specific fabric that prevents losing heat.
- Weight: 4.2 lb;
- Height: 70.8 inches from feet to shoulders and the cap is 11.8 inches;
- Temperature: 5F – 32F;
- Fabric: 100 percent high-quality polyester;
- Extra benefits: a pocket for gadgets, 30 days warranty.
The Rioyalo company produces gadgets for indoors and outdoors. They offer 30 days of free return if you notice damaged fabric. Polyester pongee lining is skin-friendly and soft to the touch. My favorite feature in this bag is a secret storage pocket for my phone inside the bag. I like to hold it nearby, especially when I am outdoors. This pocket is good for keys, documents, and so on. It weighs 4.3 lb, which makes it simple to carry around. However, I have to warn you to check your size, as people of short height require smaller sleeping bags to avoid getting cold.
- % Lightweight and Highly Portable: Top Line 100 percent polyester fiber 450GSM aligned with top-notch shell provide extra warm comfort during outdoor activities without adding extra weight to already sore shoulders (only 5 lbs). Easy Fold-able design along with a compression sack with straps makes it extremely convenient to carry, store and reuse. A perfect travel mate for camping, hiking, backpacking, as well as other outdoor activities
- % Ultra Comfortable and Design for COLD/WARM Weather (temperature range from 5F - 32F degree): Rioyalo sleeping bags are designed to ensure you get a good and relaxing night’s sleep after a tiring day of trekking, hiking, travel or any other exploration. It is not only good for warm weather, but also good for extremely cold weather. Thoughtful design of Wind Buffer prevents heat losing, while the detailed anti-pinch Grosgrain Ribbon prevents zipper from snags
- % Skin Friendly and Super Comfy: The first-rate 190T Pongee lining is skin-friendly. What a soft silky and awesome cozy feeling you will have when completely immersing yourself into this warm, comfy peapod.
- % High Quality and super Durable and Waterproof: Top quality 210T Nylon ripstop on the shell, 190T Pongee Lining in 100% Polyester, as well as premium 450GSM 100 percent polyester fiber filling. The ingenious workmanship precisely emerged all of these seamlessly to boost the durability to a higher level without compromising heat lost. The waterproof design keep you warm in even extreme weather and prevent you from dampness
- % 100% Satisfaction Warranty: Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal. With 30 days’ hassle-free return policy, we want to ensure our determination and attitude of happiness toward you.
- High-quality polyester;
- Reliable zipper;
- Suits 4 seasons;
- Affordable price.
- It is available only in pink color.
back to menu ↑
5. Columbia Mount – Versatile Sleeping Bag with Extras
This model is available in regular length or extra length. Measure your height and order the one you need. It has a zipper-type closure and polyester filling. It is mummy-shaped with a camp pad sleeve, so you can forget about sliding during the night. Besides, the filling on this bag is water-resistant, so you can feel comfortable even during rainy nights. This Western Mountaineering versatile sleeping bag 10 degree down weighs 6.5 lbs. Place it behind your shoulders and carry it around until you decide to make a camp.
- Weight: 6.5lb;
- Height: regular that fits 5.10 inches people, and extra-long for 5.11 inches and more;
- Fabric: polyester;
- Extra benefits: stash pocket, camp pad sleeve, easy to pull hood.
Columbia is a well-known developer of sportswear and outdoor gear offering bestsellers around the world. I trust them with the quality of the product, mainly because I’ve checked numerous goods they offer. You can zip and unzip the model with one hand. The cinch cord on the hood protects you from the cold. There is a stash pocket inside as well.
- WARMTH Fitted mummy shape and 10 degree thermal rating keeps you snug in colder temperatures with a 6.5 lb pack weight
- DURABLE Ripstop fabric and hollow core fiber fill helps this sleeping bag withstand your most rugged adventures
- HOLLOW CORE FIBER FILL This sleeping bag filling is more resilient, water resistant, better maintains thermal properties when wet, and is loftier and fluffier than standard solid core sleeping bag filing
- CAMP PAD SLEEVE No more sliding around at night - camp pad sleeve and strap holds your camp pad in place while you sleep ** camp pad NOT included
- TWO CARRY BAGS Small, compact carry bag for backpacking adventures, and larger, breathable mesh storage bag BOTH included with puchase
- Holds 10F temperature;
- Easy to get in;
- High-quality polyester;
- Stash pocket;
- Competitive price.
- You may need an extra-long sleeping bag if you are taller than 5.10 inches.
back to menu ↑
Best 10 Degree Sleeping Bags Buyer’s Guide
It is obvious that you have to find the most suitable backpacking sleeping bag for your trip. Without it, you may spend sleepless nights and put at risk the whole goal of the adventure. I hope you find my list helpful since I’ve placed there my favorite products that I consider of high quality and competitive price.back to menu ↑
Do I need a 10-degree backpacking sleeping bag?
A 10-degree backpacking sleeping bag is considered a universal product you need 4 seasons a year. No matter which activity you prefer, whether it is a music festival or hiking, you still need a comfortable sleeping bag. While a 10-degree sleeping bag may be considered too warm for the summer season and night in the desert, you still can use it, unzipping the cover and opening the vents. It is more reliable than one or two seasonal sleeping bags and can guarantee you sweet dreams protected from the cold winds.back to menu ↑
The temperature you are comfortable with during the winter camping depends only on you. If you worry about overheating, you may need a colder sleeping bag that is slimmer and doesn’t protect you from cold temperatures. However, you may also cool down, as well as warm a 10-degree backpacking sleeping bag. You can keep yourself warm during the night outside by:
- Feeding properly;
- Hydrating properly;
- Wearing the right clothes;
- And by using a suitable backpacking sleeping bag.
I recommend using a 10-degree sleeping bag during the mild winter, severe autumn, spring, and cold summer camping. Normally, the 10-degree sleeping bags can handle even 0F temperature and higher. I don’t recommend taking it high in the mountains where the temperature is much colder. For any other occasion, this bag is a perfect option.back to menu ↑
How to choose and what to look for when buying a 10-degree backpacking sleeping bag
There are numerous sleeping bag features you have to consider before buying it. Some of them are vital; others are more of additional bonuses. Check the sleeping bag you like, using this list:
- Temperature. It must keep the warmth but not overheat it. The perfect option is ventilation or simplicity to unlock zippers and corded hoods. Sleeping bags do not have any batteries inside. They just trap the heat your body produces and warm you. The better the insulation, the better the heat is preserved;
- The filling. Some poor-quality synthetic materials may keep warmth even better than the high-quality ones. Yet, they can easily get wet. You don’t want to spend the night inside the wet sleeping bag. Your whole clothes can soak, and you may easily catch a cold. Make sure that the filling grants you warmth, not water;
- Length and width. It is highly important to pick the right size. If you are taller than your bag, you will have to sleep bending your knees. If you are shorter, you will not be able to warm your whole body and keep this warmth, as there will be lots of empty space inside. Pay attention to the width. Your shoulders and hips must fit the size of the sleeping bag perfectly. It is crucial, especially for a mummy-shaped form of the bag.
- Cleaning. It should be easy to clean a sleeping bag.
Perfect 10 Degree Backpacking Sleeping Bag
I hope this detailed review of my top 5 favorite bags was helpful to you, and you already know which one you want to buy. If you don’t, that’s also ok. I have gathered here affordable sleeping bags’ options on purpose. You may order not one but several sleeping bags. They may be helpful in case you decide to travel with your family or friends. Since all of them have their differences, including the weight, size, color, shape, and temperature they can handle, I believe you can change them depending on the adventure you plan. I also suggest you pay attention to the warranties and the manufacturer that sells these bags.
If you are still doubtful, you can check the recommendations of other reviewers who bought these bags and used them for some time. I believe they have a similar opinion to mine, but you may find more information on the feature you need. If you have used at least one of these sleeping bags, please, share your opinion in the comments below. Which one is your favorite? Which feature do you like the most? Which was the lowest temperature you experienced while camping with this sleeping bag? If you have any tips, you can also reveal them in the comments.
Last update on 2022-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API