A portable electric generator is a small, self-contained unit that produces electricity. Most portable generators run on gasoline or diesel, but some models use propane or natural gas. Portable generators are used to provide power in a variety of situations, including during power outages, at construction sites, at home, and in recreational vehicles.
For What Purposes Do We Need Generator for Travel Trailer
11 Best Generator for Travel: Reviewed
- Champion Power Equipment 100692 – Top Pick
- No products found. – Premium Choice
- ZeroKor R200 – Best Price
- Champion Power Equipment 200987
- Champion Power Equipment 200988
- DuroMax XP5500E
- Westinghouse iGen4500
- Apowking New-fd-1
- SereneLife SLSPGN20
- A-iPower SUA2000iV
- Champion Power Equipment 100554
Champion Power Equipment 100692
- At only 39 pounds, this inverter is one of the lightest 2000-watt inverters in the industry.Engine Oil Type : 10W-30, Gasoline Tank Material : Steel..Wheels : No. Voltmeter : No
The 100692 features 2000 starting watts, 1700 running watts, and up to 11.5 hours of run time. It also includes two covered 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD).
The optional clip-on parallel kit enables this inverter to connect with another 2000-watt Champion inverter to double your output power. The 100692 comes with a 3-year limited warranty and free lifetime technical support from dedicated experts.
- Very lightweight;
- Quiet operation;
- Includes two 120V 20A outlets
- 3-year limited warranty
- May have issues with running multiple appliances at once
Honda Power Equipment EB2800i
No products found.When you need a generator that is going to be fuel efficient and provide stable power for your sensitive equipment, the Honda Power Equipment EB2800i is the one you want. This inverter portable gas generator is lightweight and portable, so you can take it with you wherever you go. It is also quiet, so you won’t have to worry about disturbing your neighbors. And it is trusted by Jobsite professionals for its reliability.
The EB2800i provides 2800 watts of power, enough to run most household appliances and electronics. And it is Jobsite grade, with GFCI protection and OSHA and LA-ETL compliance. So you can rest assured that your investment is safe.
The Honda Power Equipment EB2800i is the perfect choice for those who need a reliable and efficient generator.
- Starts right up and runs flawlessly;
- Quiet operation;
- Advanced inverter technology
- Protected by oil alert
- 🌍【300W Portable Power Station High-Capacity Laptop Outlet Power Bank】Equipped with a 280Wh/75000mAh superior lithium-ion battery pack, ZeroKor 300W power station is powerful enough to charge smartphone,tablets,laptops,headphones or other outdoor Small Camping supplies (Tips:Using electrical appliances over 300W may damage the portable generator, especially some devices that are prone to heat or built-in air compressor such as coffee maker,Hair dryer, water pump etc )
In the event of a power outage, the ZeroKor R200 can keep your fridge running and other essentials powered, making it a valuable addition to any household. And with its built-in MPPT solar panel charging capabilities, you can keep the power flowing even when there’s no grid power available.
Whether you’re looking for a reliable power source for camping trips or a backup for emergencies, the ZeroKor R200 is a great option. With its wide range of features and user-friendly design, it’s sure to make your life a little easier.
ZeroKor R200 is one of the best portable generators for travel trailers.
- Compact and easy to carry;
- Can provide 2 days of power usage;
- Can be used as an emergency power station
- Not suitable for heating devices
Champion Power Equipment 200987
- WIRELESS REMOTE START: Start and stop with ease from up to 80 feet away with the included wireless remote key fob – push-button power and convenience like never before. Gasoline Tank Material-Steel
If you’re looking for the best solution for your motorhome, the Champion Power Equipment 200987 generator is the best generator for a small travel trailer.
- Wireless remote start is a very convenient feature;
- Quiet operation;
- Plenty of power to run most household appliances
- Possible oil problems
Champion Power Equipment 200988
- DUAL FUEL: Operate your 4500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (10W-30 oil included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor.Fuel Gauge : No. Voltmeter : No.
- Can also run on propane;
- Electric start
- Inferior to more expensive models
- Plenty of Power – With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
The DuroMax 224cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, and the MX2 Technology ensures that you get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles.
The Low Oil Shutoff feature protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low, and the Fully Featured Power Panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility.
- Very easy to set up;
- Precise engineering;
- LED readout is helpful
- Volt Guard is not as advertised
- 4500 Peak Watts and 3700 Rated Watts at Less Than 3% THD; Telescoping Handle; Gas Powered; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start
One of the best features of the Westinghouse iGen4500 is its LED data center. This allows you to see how much fuel is remaining, how much power is outputting, the remaining run time, voltage output, and lifetime hours. This is extremely helpful in knowing when to refuel or how long you can run certain appliances.
Another great feature of the Westinghouse iGen4500 is its quiet operation. It is rated at just 52 decibels, making it one of the quietest generators on the market. This is perfect for those who do not want to disturb their neighbors or draw attention to their campsite.
Overall, the Westinghouse iGen4500 is an excellent choice for those who need a reliable and powerful generator. It is fuel efficient, quiet, and has a variety of features that make it perfect for any application.
- Easy to set up;
- Very quiet;
- Extremely fuel efficient
- A bit pricey
- 【HIGH CAPACITY & PORTABLE POWER STATION】Apowking ac power bank 296Wh (80,000mAh) can power plenty of your devices, such as phone, laptop, tablet, Macbook, light, fan, TV, projector, small blender, car refrigerator, drone, switch, camera and CPAP machine with rated power less than 500 watts. NOTE: 500W is the output power, NOT the battery capacity. It is recommend that CPAP users use DC converter to work with this portable battery pack for better effect.
The unit also has a built-in cooling fan to keep it from overheating, and a built-in LED flashlight for emergencies.
- Can power plenty of devices;
- Built-in cooling fan;
- Lightweight and compact
- Can’t charge and use at the same time
- AC, USB and 12V DC OUTPUTS: Our powerful generator includes variety of outputs, 110V Dual AC outlet (max 100W), 3 12V DC ports max (180W,with an extra cigarette socket cable), 3 5V USB ports, to recharge all your devices like phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, and running lights It is suitable with small home appliances as well
The generator can be recharged by connecting to a solar panel (sold separately) or by being plugged into a wall outlet, and it can also be charged by plugging into your car’s 12V socket (car charger included).
The generator has an upgraded power capacity of 42000mAh, and it also features an emergency light button switch, voltage control, short circuit/overpower protection, and a built-in LED flashlight. The generator is backed by a 1-year quality warranty.
- Very powerful;
- Multiple charging options;
- Lightweight and portable
- The built-in LED flashlight is not very bright.
- Produces 2,000 starting watts with 1,600 running watts of clean and safe power for sensitive electronics such as phones, televisions, laptops, and other electronics
The A-iPower SUA2000iV also has a powerful 79cc OHV 4-Stroke engine that provides an abundant power supply yet runs at a super quiet operation of only 52 decibels. This makes it perfect for tailgating or camping experiences.
- Great for the money;
- Well designed and good quality;
- Lightweight and compact
- Won’t run a normal-size camper or RV air conditioning unit.
Champion Power Equipment 100554
- Start and stop with ease from up to 80 feet away with the included wireless remote key fob – push-button power and convenience like never before.AC Amps @ 120V : 29.2
The 100554 also includes a wireless remote key fob for easy starting from up to 80 feet away. Additionally, the 100554’s Volt Guard built-in surge protector prevents overloads and keeps your appliances and equipment safe. With a noise level of only 68 dBA, the 100554 is one of the quietest generators on the market. Finally, the 100554 comes with a 3-year limited warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Very easy to set up;
- Precise engineering;
- Wireless remote key fob
- No ground wire included.
Buyer’s Guide: Best Generator for Travel Trailer
Looking for the best generator for your travel trailer? This buyer’s guide will help you choose the right model for your needs, whether you’re looking for something lightweight and quiet or powerful and feature-packed.
When it comes to generators, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Purpose of use
First, consider what you’ll be using it for. If you just need to power a few basic items like lights and a small fridge, a small, lightweight generator will do the trick. But if you want to run multiple appliances or electronics, you’ll need a more powerful model.
The noise level of a generator can be an important factor in determining whether it is suitable for a particular application. If the noise level is too high, it may be inconvenient for outdoor applications because it may disturb others at rest. It is important to note that modern generators are fairly quiet, with noise levels ranging from 40-50 dBA.
Portability and TransportNext, think about how important size and weight are to you. To answer the question “what size generator for a travel trailer?” you need to understand your needs and the size of your trailer. If you’re traveling by RV, you’ll want a generator that’s easy to transport and doesn’t take up too much space. However, if you have a larger travel trailer or fifth wheel, you can opt for a bigger model.
Finally, consider your budget. Generators can range in price from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand, so it’s important to figure out how much you’re willing to spend.
Why Inverter Technology is Important
An inverter is a device that changes direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC).
The principle of its operation, unlike the standard generator, is that during fuel processing an alternating current of high frequency is generated, which is immediately converted into direct current and transmitted to the battery, where it is accumulated.
Inverters are critical components in many types of electrical systems, including those found in automobiles, aircraft, and computers. They are also used in a variety of industrial applications.
Generator for Travel Trailer FAQs
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
What size generator do I need for my travel trailer?
The size of the generator you need for your travel trailer will depend on the size and type of trailer you have. Also, the choice affects the number of electrical appliances that need to be powered.
What type of generator is best for a travel trailer?
The best generator for a travel trailer is one that can be easily transported and set up. A portable generator is ideal, as it can be easily moved around and used in different locations.
How long can you run a generator for a travel trailer?
Three factors affect the duration of the generator: the fuel reserve, the number of consumers, and the resource of the generator itself.
One refill of fuel for a portable generator is enough for 2 to 15 hours of continuous operation. After that, pauses should be made for maintenance and filling up with fuel and oil.
What is the best generator for a travel trailer?
The best generator for a travel trailer will be one that is compact and runs quietly and has a long run time.
Will a 3,000-watt generator run an RV HVAC unit?
It is possible that a 3,000-watt generator could run an RV HVAC unit, but it is not guaranteed. The RV HVAC unit would need to be specifically designed to operate on a 3,000-watt generator, and even then, it may not be powerful enough to run the unit at full capacity.
Do I need a generator for my travel trailer?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors. If you plan on boondocking (camping without hookups), then you will need a generator to power your travel trailer. If you are only going to be camping at RV parks with hookups, then you will not need a generator.
Warning: Portable generators are a convenient way to have electricity when and where you need it. However, they can be dangerous if used improperly. Never operate a portable generator indoors or in an enclosed space, such as a garage. Generators produce carbon monoxide, an odorless and poisonous gas. When used indoors, carbon monoxide can quickly build up to dangerous levels, leading to illness or even death.
While camping in a quiet retreat is a valuable asset for a busy, planned and, frankly, noisy life, there are certain conveniences we cannot deny. Although for many, a portable camping generator is more associated with emergencies than a peaceful weekend in the woods.
Short camping trips or weekend road trips can be really difficult without proper backup power. Having a camping generator with you can make this much easier. If you have been camping, you should probably know that one of the basic items you should have with you is a camping generator.
Camping generators are useful in a variety of outdoor situations, from powering all your outdoor lighting ideas to temperature cooling/heating systems in your tent or RV or to creating the perfect soundtrack to your weekend in the countryside.