Best 1 Person Emergency Survival Kit: Reviews & Guide
You never know when an extreme situation may occur. It can be a hurricane, storm, or any other natural unexpected disaster. When something like that happens, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Well, you definitely won’t think about eating a delicious burger or pizza, instead, you will think about how to survive. And what if you’re not at home at that time, but hiking somewhere in the forest?
Trust my words when I say that hiking can turn into a very dangerous activity as mother Earth has a rapid change of mood. When you go out hiking for a prolonged period and with a sleepover somewhere in nature, your safety is of utmost importance. Almost every time that I go on a hike, some kind of situation happens. If I hadn’t had my survival kit with me, I am not sure whether I had survived. You never know when you will need that emergency one person survival kit.
Best 1 Person Emergency Survival Kit on Amazon
Having a survival kit with you at home, in the woods, in the mountains, or at any other location means that you are taking a step forward to being safe. Interested in what is inside that kit? Read on to find out why purchasing a survival kit is so important, where to use it, and how.
1. Ready America 70180 Emergency Kit 1 Person Backpack – 3-Day Emergency Survival Kit for One Person
Ready America is one of the best distributors of emergency kits on the current market. The brand features a lot of various kit options so that people who buy it will be safe in any critical situation. This company can even put your customized logo on any of the backpacks that you order. They have been number one leaders in keeping US citizens safe during all possible natural disasters.
When I only began to go hiking long distances, I had faced an accident. Somehow, I got lost in the forest. I panicked! I had no idea how to get out until I saw another hiker passing by, who helped me to get out of there. But before I escaped, I spent 2 nights in the forest. I was very lucky to have taken my survival kit backpack with me that day. I don’t remember exactly which item I had at that time, but thanks to it, I was neither hungry nor thirsty.
This emergency one person survival kit is very similar to the one that I had in the woods with me that day. It is very portable due to its size and comes with both a first aid kit and all of the necessary survival gear. However, the first aid necessities don’t include everything possible and are of a smaller size, but if you get a minor cut, it will be enough for you. It can sustain you for 3 days. And this item provides all the necessities that you may need in a situation like I had. Here are the things that you will get along with the backpack:
- Enough food for a 3-day long period. You will get high-calorie food bars, which don’t go bad even under 149ºF;
- Drinking water packets;
- Emergency communication plan;
- A first aid kit for any emergency;
- A poncho;
- A blanket;
- Greenstick that lasts half a day;
- Nitrile gloves;
- A dust mask;
- A whistle.
I recommend this product because the backpack is pretty spacious and has some space left for you to place something that you consider important to take with you at all times. Moreover, you won’t have any trouble carrying the backpack, as it is pretty lightweight.
- EMERGENCY KIT FOR DISASTER PREPAREDNESS: Stay prepared for emergency situations everywhere you go. Ready America emergency survival kits sustain 1 person for 3 days (72 hours). Basic essential emergency supplies recommended by the American Red Cross
- INCLUDES 33-PIECE FIRST AID KIT: Comes with first aid essentials for minor injuries like bandages and wound cleaning solution. Take care of medical emergencies with easy-to-use supplies. Great for a car emergency kit or boat accessories
- FOOD, WATER, EMERGENCY BLANKETS: Everything you need in case of an emergency. 1 survival food bar (2400 calories) and water pouches with a 5-year shelf life, survival blankets, disposable dust masks, nitrile gloves, whistle, ponchos, pocket tissues
- SAFETY LIGHT STICKS: In case you’re outdoors or in the wilderness with no light, this emergency bag includes a safety light stick. Equipped with survival gear for hunting, boating, workplace, camping, backpacking, fishing, hiking, travel, home
- PORTABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT BACKPACK: Keep supplies at the ready with this packed handy backpack ready for emergencies that’s lightweight and easy to carry. Store this day pack wherever it can be easily accessed. A great gift for everyone
- Lightweight model;
- Affordable price;
- It contains only the necessary items.
- The bag is not water-resistant.
2. First My Family All-in-One 1-Person Earthquake, Emergency Survival Kit – Weatherproof 1 Person Emergency Survival Kit
First My Family is a very popular manufacturer and distributor of multiple types of survival kits meant to be used in various extreme situations. All of those products contain only essential items needed for survival during storms, earthquakes, and other natural disasters. Whether you are looking for a kit for your whole family, business or designed for personal usage, you may be sure that you will find something produced by this company. This manufacturer creates only high-quality items that will not disappoint you whatsoever.
This 3-day emergency survival kit for one person can become a great option for everyone fond of hiking, whether you are a student, an employer, or a mother, and can be very helpful in various situations. When any natural disaster happens, people get scared and panic a lot. It is impossible to remain calm in such a stressful moment. In case they are at home, people begin to run around the house, gathering important things and looking for a place to hide. But just imagine if you have already had all of that stuff prepared? That would be a great relief, wouldn’t it?
It doesn’t matter what kind of a problem hits you, you may be sure that this kit has everything of utmost importance. You won’t need to rush and get your water bottle or gather food from the fridge, you will have those things already packed in your kit. Moreover, in case you get hurt, cut, burned, or injured in any other way, open your backpack, and you will find there a complete first aid kit with the needed medical supplies. The manufacturers of this product have even thought about various climate and weather conditions. In case you get very cold, there is a body warmer right in your backpack waiting. All of those items aim to provide you with the highest comfort in any extreme situation. This is what you get when purchasing this kit:
- Emergency water;
- LED flashlight;
- A poncho;
- A backpack;
- A food bar;
- First aid items;
- A blanket and a body warmer;
- Camping tool;
- Work gloves;
- A survival whistle.
I highly recommend this emergency kit for hikers that tend to get into dangerous situations. The best thing about this kit is that it is very versatile, as it can be helpful whether you are hiking through the forest, or got injured during camping. The brand has taken care of everything, including food, water, warmth, first aid, and even shelter. Undoubtedly, it is an all-in-one product.
- FIRST AID: When disaster strikes, minor injuries can quickly become major problems. Our disaster preparedness kit comes equipped with a 30-piece first-aid kit, glow sticks, whistle, work gloves and masks to help you stay safe.
- WATER: In an emergency, one of the most important things to have on hand is clean drinking water. First My Family emergency kits are equipped with a 72-hour supply of emergency water.
- FOOD: Time is of the essence during an emergency, and food is often forgotten. Our disaster survival kit comes with one 2400-calorie food ration packaged in an easy grab-and-go bag for added convenience.
- SHELTER: When displaced by an emergency, you need the right tools to keep yourself safe and sheltered. Our disaster preparedness kits include a poncho, blanket, flashlight and multi-function outdoor camping tool.
- WARMTH: Disasters can leave you exposed to the elements, which is why survival preparation is vital. Our emergency kit for natural disasters contains a body warmer to keep you warm.
- Sturdy and durable;
- Contains all of the necessities;
- More expensive than others.
- A bit heavier than other similar items.
3. Mayday CRT1 CERT Starter Kit – Best Mountain Hiking Emergency Kit
Mayday Industries is a huge enterprise creating survival kits for various purposes. They manufacture everything, including emergency food and water, disaster supplies, and the emergency one person survival kit itself. This company can even create your customized survival kit with any design that you want.
The reviewed product is meant for one person only. It is available in green color. This kit is a small and lightweight option and can be a good match for any person and any critical situation. Be prepared for anything that comes on your way at any time of the day or night. The survival kit is very easy to carry, which makes it extremely portable. In case something life-threatening happens, you can be sure that you have all of the necessities gathered in one place – this backpack.
The kit is very compact due to its size. Nevertheless, there is still some room left inside for you to place some other items that you consider important during a natural disaster. And the price is very affordable if to think about everything that you get with it.
I would recommend this starter kit especially for those who like to go mountain hiking. I have already purchased this product for myself and am planning on using it the next time I go hiking. Moreover, I can say that this backpack is of high quality, and everything that it contains is also the best quality possible. So, this kit is worth its money.
This product doesn’t contain as many items as other kits that I describe in this article. However, it has the most important things, which are:
- A backpack;
- A pair of heavy-duty gloves;
- A hard hat;
- Chemical goggles;
- A green light stick;
- Safety vest;
- Pry bar;
- Solar blanket;
- Dust mask;
- Lumber crayon.
A little disappointment was the fact that some of the items that are included in this backpack need replacement. Not all of them are of the highest quality, so if you want this kit to last, it is better to change the item that you don’t like for a better one. I don’t recommend this product to people that expect the emergency kit and everything included in it to be of superior quality. But if you are okay knowing that you will be able to use those items only once and then will probably throw everything away, you can risk and get this kit.
- Starter survival kit meant for 1 person
- Compact and easy to carry backpack
- Perfect for any emergency
- Lightweight and portable;
- Perfect for hiking;
- Needs more items to be added;
- Water and food aren’t included.
4. Mayday KEX1 1 Person Deluxe Emergency Backpack Kit – All in One Survival Kit
The company that is producing this amazing survival kit is one of the best and most popular on the US market. You will be able to find various backpack survival kits in different price ranges and for numerous purposes. They not only manufacture the backpack itself, but also everything that it contains. Moreover, you can order a backpack kit with your logo and with any design that you want.
If you like adventures and can’t live a week without traveling somewhere, camping or going on a hike in the mountains, then having this backpack with you at all times is a must. This item can support one person for up to 72 hours. All of the supplies that come with the kit fit easily inside the backpack that comes with it. The backpack itself is very lightweight and compact. When you place all of the items inside, you’ll see that there is still some room left for something else that you consider an emergency necessity.
Remember that safety is very important, and you must think about how you will act in a stressful and dangerous situation. This product is a great choice because whenever something like that happens, you will be confident that you carry everything that may be helpful with you. Here are the products that come with this bag:
- Emergency drinking water;
- First aid kit;
- Food bar;
- Camper’s stove;
- Dust mask;
- Work gloves;
- Mylar blanket;
- Utility knife;
- Tablets for water purification.
I like the backpack in this kit, as it has plenty of free space and is made of high-quality materials. It has two compartments and also two smaller ones on the sides. The only disadvantage is that the backpack has no padding on the back of it. All of the water and food bars can be stored for 5 years.
What I like most about the emergency kit is that it includes a camper’s stove. Not all of the emergency backpacks have it. It is a great item to have, as it can be used to cook a meal. Though it is a bit complicated to use it due to its small size.
The first aid kit that is included with the survival kit is a pretty good one, as it contains all of the necessities that you may need if you get injured. Also, it is small and even fits in your hand. It is a great option for an emergency one person survival kit.
I strongly recommend this product, as it is of amazing quality and has everything that you may need, so you won’t need to purchase anything extra. It is a great option for people that enjoy hiking as much as I do.
- Comprehensive survival backpack
- Includes food, water as well as camping and survival gear
- Compact and portable packaging
- Lightweight model;
- Everything that comes with it is compact;
- High-quality backpack;
- Has all of the necessities.
- The emergency whistle is of a poor quality.
5. Monoki Upgraded Outdoor Emergency Survival Kit Gear – the Best Survival Kit for any Emergency Situation
This Monoki kit supplies you with the most important items that you may need in a situation of emergency. With this kit, you will feel safe to know that you are prepared for any possible natural disaster. Just consider the fact that it consists of 241 pieces. That’s quite a lot, isn’t it?
Whether you plan to go on a hiking trip, do some hunting or want to take on any other dangerous adventure, bringing this kit with you is a must. It comes not only with essential items for survival but also with 16 emergency supplies. However, you should remember that most of the products that come in this kit have a shelf life. For example, if you don’t expose the first aid kit to sunlight, it will last for 5 years.
A great part of the product is that all of the items come in a small waterproof case. It comes in a red color, which makes it easy to find in case you need it right away. Moreover, it is very lightweight. All of the items easily fit in a 1.54 lb case. You can place it anywhere you like, whether it is your backpack, car or any other place.
The kit is pretty versatile, as you can use it for any purpose. I mean that it can be a lifesaver during an earthquake when you go hiking, or whenever any other emergency occurs. Here is a list of the items that this survival kit contains:
- First aid kit;
- Safety pins;
- Alcohol pads;
- Cotton sticks;
- Disposable mask;
- One pair of gloves;
- Elastic bandage;
- Cleansing wipes;
- Emergency whistle;
- Fishing hooks;
All of the items can be very helpful, so I don’t recommend you throwing any of them away. You may not know why you should keep a particular item, but everything may happen, and it may come in handy in the future.
This emergency kit is an amazing option for people who like boat fishing, hiking, camping, or do any other activities outdoors. This product stands out among others because it has a complete first aid kit for any type of injury.
- ❖ 【A Must Have First Aid Kit For Your Active Life!】 Monoki 241 Pcs Upgraded First Aid Kit with Multi-Purpose Emergency Survival Tools & All-Purpose Hihgest Standards Medical Trauma Supplies. Complete First Aid Kit with Bright Red Bag, You can Quicky Find Everything You Need in Case of Any Emergency. A Must Have for Us! Also Great for A Gift!
- ❖ 【Various Practical Survival Tools】 Powerful Combo Set, Includes 16 Different Amazing Survival Tools — Multi-function Pliers, Tactical Folding Knife, Stainless Steel Saber Card, Emergency Blanket, Army Green Whistle, Compass Keychain, Fire Starter, Wire Saw, Tactical Flashlight, Fishing Lines, Fishing Weights, Fishing Hooks, Swivels, Floats, Aluminum Foil, Bait, Fishing Set Can Solve The Problem of Looking For Food Outdoors, Which can Meet Your Different Needs!
- ❖ 【Multi-Purpose Emergency Medical Grade Supplies】 The First Response Medical Supplies Premium Compact First Aid Kit has Everything You Need for a Medical Emergency in a Compact Portable Size. With a Full Range of High Quality Medical Emergency First Aid Choices, You will have Everything You Need for the Most Common Mishaps and First Aid Demand, You Can Deal With Wounds Soon to Reduce and Prevent Wound Infections.
- ❖ 【Compact Lightweight & Durable】 Fully Organized with 241 Pieces First Aid Kit, Small and Lightweight, Easy to Carry, Weighs just about 1.54 lb, Portable and Travel-friendly Design. High-quality EVA & Nylon Material with Full Open Zipper, Strong Durable Waterproof and Shock Resistant. There is still Additional Space to Add More Supplies When Necessary. Fits Perfectly in your Car, Boat, Backpack, Pockets or Glove Box. You can Take it Anywhere You Go!
- ❖ 【Perfect for Any Emergency Situation】 Ideal for Home, Family, Office, School, Kitchen, Workplace; Car, Boat, Bike, Motorcycle; Travel, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Hunting, Boating, Cycling, Backpacking, Outdoor Sports, Wilderness Adventures, Also Suit for Natural Disasters Survival Emergency, like Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Tornados, Floods and Fires.
- Lightweight model;
- The components are compact;
- Amazing value for money.
- Some of the items are flimsy.
The Bottom Line
You can never be over-prepared for a situation of emergency. This is the reason why I strongly advise you to have a 3- day emergency survival kit for one person, or any other type of emergency kits with you at all times. I keep one in my house constantly and have another kit that I take with me on my hiking adventures. And as I have already told you, once it saved my life. Who knows how my hiking trip would have ended then.
In this article, I have reviewed the best 7 emergency kits. All of them are pretty versatile and can be used in various dangerous situations. I think that the most important item that should be included in such kits is the first-aid set. And all of those 1-person kits have it.
It is not that often that something so dangerous happens to me, but knowing that I have everything that I may need in such a case brings me a feeling of confidence. What about you? Have you ever been in a life-threatening situation and wished that you had more emergency supplies with you than you actually did? Do you think that carrying an emergency kit at all times is important? Share your thoughts in the comments section below, please.
Last update on 2021-07-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API