Best Tent Air Conditioner for Hikers Who Want an Exceptional Experience
👈 | Like or dislike! This will help me to evaluate the quality of my blog 😊
Have you ever thought about an air conditioner for tent? Maybe you are wondering why you would even think about one. Until you go on a hiking experience and get lost in the middle of nowhere, you may never know the importance of such a gadget. But there is no need to be ignorant and wait until then because I will tell you more about this product.
Air conditioners for tents always top the list of the things I need when I decide to go hiking far and away. So, what does an air conditioner do? It helps in making the environment comfortable to live in by balancing humidity and enhancing the free flow of air. Some air conditioners may need to be fixed in one place from where they function all the time. However, if you love flexibility, there are portable gadgets that you can carry anywhere.
When you go hiking like me, you need to be aware of the best gadgets. It will help you to avoid disappointments. You do not want to go hiking and then settle down to turn on your fan only to find out that it is not as effective as you thought. I have been in this situation before, and since I know how heartbreaking it can be, I am reviewing ten of the best products that I have tested and found to be efficient for tents.
IcyBreeze Cooler Frost – Air Conditioner for Camping Tents
IcyBreeze Cooler Frost Package is a multifunctional gadget for outdoors, especially during summer. It has a cooler and an air conditioner that works simultaneously. You can place your drinks in the icebox to chill them as you freshen the surrounding with the air conditioner. It is manufactured by IceBreeze, a company that specializes in producing coolers for customers. It uses water and ice to perform the functions, and it has a rechargeable battery. Hence, once it is fully recharged, you can carry the gadget anywhere.
The gadget weighs 22.6 pounds meaning that it is a bit heavy, and it measures 17*19*25 inches. This indicates that it occupies a sizable amount of space. It comes with a battery that can be recharged and a charger. The inbuilt fan can run on three speeds that include moderate, high, and low. The fan can blow up to 25 MPH. It also has dual handles for lifting it from the ground to a surface.
Other features of the product include a pull handle and wheels. These two are used for moving IcyBreeze on surfaces without lifting it because it is heavy. These make it efficient despite the heavyweight.
It is very easy to operate. To start with, you have to add some water to the ice. Once the liquid settles at the bottom, it is pumped into a radiator. The results of this are the production of cold air that gets out through the hose. Therefore, you do not need to do anything else to make it work.
The gadget’s battery can last up to six hours, four hours and two and a half hours on very low, moderate or very high speed correspondingly.
- Included Accessories: SmartCharger(the smart charger will charge the battery from a wall plug but will not power the unit) and Battery
- BUILT IN RECHARGEABLE BATTERY, BATTERY LIFE: 6HR ON LOW, 4HR ON MEDIUM, 2.5HR ON HIGH, CAN RUN ON CONTINUOUS POWER
- CAN RUN ON CONTINUOUS POWER, 3 SPEED FAN BLOWS UP TO 25 MPH, INTEGRATED VENT AND STAY PUT FLEXI-HOSE, EASY TO USE DRAIN
- DUAL LIFT HANDLES, INTEGRATED PULL HANDLE FOR EASY MANEUVERABILITY, LARGE WHEELS ROLL EASILY OVER ANY SURFACE, LID HAS TWO CUP & INTEGRATED STOPS
- The IcyBreeze is a portable air conditioner + cooler in one!
- You can vary the speed of the fan in the air conditioner;
- It does air conditioning and cooling of other things such as drinks;
- The pull handle makes it easy to move;
- You can use it both indoors and outdoors.
- The use of cold water to produce air conditioning means that there is no need to exhaust the gadget.
- It may be pricey for some people;
- The battery lasts for only 2.5 hours on high mode.
Honeywell 300-412CFM – Best Tent Air Conditioner for Hikers
Honeywell portable evaporative cooler is a lightweight air conditioner that operates efficiently in regions with humidity levels of less than 60%. This gadget is produced by Honeywell who are specialists in manufacturing portable air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and evaporative coolers. In the United States, the evaporative cooler works efficiently in the western regions.
The product weighs 18.5 pounds, and its dimensions are 15.7*13.5*31.5 inches. It is efficient in power consumption as it uses only 102 watts. This makes it a perfect match for anyone looking to enjoy air conditioning without using too much power that may raise electricity bills.
It performs three main functions that include air cooling, humidification, and air conditioning through the inbuilt fan. The fan gives you the freedom to select four speeds. The speed you select depends on how much circulation you want. The gadget can hold up to 2.6 gallons of water. The water meter is located on the right side of the air conditioners’ back. It guides you into seeing the level of water in the tank so that you do not overfill it. The tank is detachable from the air conditioner, hence making cleaning easy. To observe the highest level of hygiene, you should clean the tank after every use.
The remote control makes Honeywell convenient for use in large tents. With it, you may set up the gadget in one corner of a tent while you sit on another and change speeds or put it on without having to move close to the gadget.
The wheels and handle make it easy to move from one spot to the other without having to lift it. And it has a six feet long power cord that you have to connect to a power source to enable it to function.
- 【3-in-1 Design】Evaporative air cooler, Fan and Humidifier. Ideal model for the Southwest and Midwest regions of the US. A wonderful indoor spot cooling and portable fan for small areas such as bed, desk, sofa and dining table areas. Performs best in the hot/dry climates where humidity levels are <50%.
- 【Extra Safety Features】With 10+ years in manufacturing safe appliances, Honeywell Evaporative Coolers include thermal overload protection & heat-safe internal casing for added safety & peace of mind for you and your family.
- 【NOT an Air Conditioner & NOT just a Fan】NO-Compressor Air Cooler reduces temperature through the natural process of water evaporation. Mimic the comfort of a cool lake breeze in your home . Moist, cool breeze can cool you down & be used as humidification during winter months.
- 【Powerful Cooling with Detachable Water Tank】Portable air cooler with 10 gallon water tank. A full tank of water can last about 7-8 hours (at about aprox. 50% humidity). Detachable water tank for easy cleaning & refilling. Convenient digital display includes lit front-display panel, Remote Control, Carbon Dust Air Filter, Low water alarm, energy saving timer, moveable wheels & Ice compartment.
- 【Energy Saving & Environment friendly 】Super low electricity consumption, no-compressor, no harmful refrigerants - Save energy and energy costs. Reduce Air conditioning costs by running an air cooler instead of AC, OR running together with AC, helps distirbute AC cooled air faster and sustain cooling for longer so you can reduce AC settings to save cost.
- The lightweight of the humidifier and the wheels make it portable from one point to the other;
- Convenient for tents and small rooms;
- It is easy to operate.
- You have to open the door or window to enable it to perform efficiently.
Zero Breeze Z19-B – The Lightest Portable Air Conditioner for Tent Camping
Zero Breeze is specially designed for use in tents when you go on a camping trip. It is manufactured by Zero Breeze that is a pioneer in the manufacturing of outdoor air conditioning gadgets. The Z19 has been built with the use of feedback from previous clients who tested the first gadget that the company produced. Hence, it is versatile and user-friendly.
The gadget weighs 12.8 pounds, and its dimensions are 18*11*8 inches. It is a 5 in 1 product in that it has Bluetooth music, fan, LED light, fan, and two USB charging ports. The ports are located on the sides of the Bluetooth music player that is on the top. The Bluetooth player makes it fun to live in a tent outdoors because you can listen to your favorite music as you do other things. To play songs, you have to click on the latch at the top to start it. Then connect it to your phone via Bluetooth and select the songs or videos to watch.
Since it is very light, you can easily lift and move it around using the handle. It has four stands with one on each corner to help support the gadget to stand alone on any surface.
If living in a tent without enough illumination, you can light the PED flashlight. And when in danger, you may turn on the emergency signal that blinks in a way that calls for help.
Zero Breeze has compressors on the left and right side. These can decrease the warmth in a tent from 90o to 72o in a fifty square feet tent.
It is effortless to operate. You have to attach the exhaust and drain pipes, and then connect the power unit and turn it on.
- OUTDOOR AIR CONDITIONER PIONEER: Zero Breeze is the first outdoor air conditioner manufacturer in the world. The newest launched model Z19, has been upgraded on the basis of the feedback from first thousands of users around the world. Built in with a 1100 BTU patented micro compressor, excellent to drop down the temperature from 90℉ to 72℉ in a 50 sq.ft closed tent. That will be more stable and efficient.
- 5-in-1 DESIGNED FOR THE OUTDOOR LOVERS: Most of the portable air conditioners in the market are designed for indoor. We designed with those enjoying spending time outdoors in mind. Achieves 5-in-1 features from the air conditioner, fan, USB charging station, Bluetooth music player, and LED lighting. Perfect to meet many demands outdoor.
- SUPER EASY TO CARRY AND USE: Z19 is only 12.8 LBS and the 1/5 size of the usual portable ac. It's really handy to carry on. Hassle free to load in the car trunk and take little space to storage. 4 steps quick installation: snap the exhaust hose and drain hose into the corresponding port, then insert the power cord, that’s all.
- MULTIPLE PLUG-IN METHODS: DON‘T worry that Z19 doesn't include an extra battery. The freedom to power your portable ac in a variety of ways, including a wall outlet, gas/propane or lithium powered portable generator, and 12V car battery. As a customer-minded seller, we are going to launch the matching portable generator soon for our customer's convenient use. Stay tuned!
- WHAT YOU GET: Z19 air conditioner blue, 1 x power adapter, 1 x extra power cord, 1 x drain tube, 1 x flexible hose adapter, 1 x flexible exhaust hose, our worry-free 1-year warranty, 30-day money back guarantee, and friendly customer service. You can easily contact us on Amazon or brand's official CS email directly.
- It is very light, hence portable;
- It is easy to operate;
- You can connect it to an AC, 12v car battery or portable generator;
- You can listen to music via the Bluetooth player while enjoying the cool breeze produced by the air conditioner.
- Lacks a battery. Hence you have to connect it to a power source for it to function.
Odoland LED Lantern – Among Coolest Portable Tent Air Conditioners
When living in a tent, you need two precious things; that is sufficient lighting and fresh air. Odoland makes this dream possible. It is a 2 in 1 gadget with a lantern and fan that work simultaneously.
The product is very light as its weight is only 1.1 pounds meaning that you can easily carry it for a long distance. The dimensions of the product are 7*6*6 inches. These measurements indicate that it takes up a tiny space in a tent; it can also fit in a backpack comfortably and leave room for other things.
Unlike the above air conditioners such as IcyBreeze and Zero Breeze, Odoland uses 2D batteries. This is one of the reasons why it is portable and suitable for lighting and air conditioning in any part of the world. It does not matter whether the place has electricity as the 2D batteries are enough for this gadget.
It has 18 LED powered bulbs that can be set in different angles. The bulbs are close to the fan that operates either on high or low speed. The fans’ blades are made of military-grade materials; hence, they can last for a very long time without getting damaged when the gadget is handled appropriately.
It has a handle that is easy to hold by hand. The control system is also very easy to understand. All you need to do is turn on the light only or select the light and fan, and then choose whether you want it to run on high or low speed within the tent.
The fan lasts between five and fifteen hours on high or low speed. The lantern, on the other hand, can light continuously for thirty-seven hours. This is a pretty long time meaning that if you are using the lamp only, it can light up your tent for several nights.
It is also convenient in that it comes with a small handle that you can use to hang the air conditioner in the tent and proceed to do other things.
- Why you need this great camping gear: Spending a night outdoors is something everyone should experience. So you want something to help you see at night. A lantern is super useful for camping so you can make your way around the campsite and your tent easily in the dark.
- Versatile light/fan: Ultra Bright 18 individual low powered LED bulbs. The fan has high and low settings to provide nice air circulation and lit up the tent nicely. You can orient in so many positions.
- Powerful fan speed and bright lifhting: High quality brushless motor for whisper operation, max wind speed 10ft/s, strong airflow and 2 setting speeds, it's great to fresh the air and keep you cool.
- The extremely lightweight build allows you to take your lantern on the go with ease. When not in use collapse the lantern to a smaller size; store it effortlessly, taking little space.
- Light up to 37 hours of regular, continuous use with enough battery capacity. 2 D batteries can keep the fan work for 5 hrs in high speed mode, and 15 hrs in low speed mode, 20 hrs for led light (Battery is not included).
- It is very light;
- It does not require a charging system;
- You can set it in different angles;
- It is built using high-quality materials; hence, it is durable;
- It is affordable.
- Uses 2D batteries that may seem a little traditional.
OPOLAR Portable Fan – Mini Tent Air Conditioner for Back Packers
OPOLAR is an efficient air conditioner for personal use. It is a small size gadget that is easy to move from one location to another. It measures 4.1*1.6*5.9 inches and weighs only 7 ounces. Therefore, it is easy to carry because it can comfortably fit in a backpack.
The fan has a USB charger that must be connected to a laptop or a charging cable to fill the battery. It is energy efficient as it runs on one hundred and ten to two hundred and twenty voltage. The power efficiency enables it to be operational in any part of the world. Hence the product is efficient for both customers who live in the United States and others who live overseas. The light USB charger contributes to the lightness of the conditioner.
The LED lights behind the fan make this gadget attractive. It can also glow in the dark, hence provide some lighting. A lamp on the side that shines bright and that can be used as a lantern in a tent or outside supplements the glowing illumination. Therefore, when the need arises, and you do not have any other source of light, you can multitask OPOLAR by using it as a lantern and a fan.
The fan revolves at 3200 revolutions per minute that is enough to cool a tent. Like most of the other gadgets, it operates on three speeds.
- 🍉【POWERFUL WIND AND QUIETNESS】 The maximum rotating speed of the fan is 3200 rpm which is enough for personal use to keep you cool. Low and medium settings are decent and super quiet which ensure the peaceful flow of air. The fan works on the principle of more airflow, but less noise to give you a relieved sleep.
- 🍉【3-13 WORKING HOURS AND ADJUSTABLE 3 SPEEDS】The outdoor fan operates with 2200mAh Improved battery (type-18650) and can operate for 3-13 hours after a full charge. The speed of this portable desk fan can also be adjusted among low, medium, and high according to your demands.
- 🍉【PORTABLE AND COMPACT】It is trouble-free to put this small (4.1x1.6 X 5.9 inch, weight-7 ounces) and the exquisite rechargeable fan into a bag and carry it for outdoor events. Also, it can be used for indoor purposes if you need a portable fan to create flow in every corner of your premises.
- 🍉【SIDE AND INTERNAL LED LIGHT】 The blue internal LED lights infused in the fan make it even more advantageous and attractive to look at. The side light is quite bright and can be useful in the dark areas or if electricity is out. It is a perfect companion for any outdoor plans and traveling purpose.
- 🍉【USB POWERED FAN AND ONE YEAR WARRANTY】 This fan runs on 5 volts DC, which is the USB standard. You need to plug the fan into an USB port for power like an USB outlet, computer, laptop or power bank and so on. This handheld fan will work on 110 or 220 volts which can be carried to all over the world. One year warranty is included to increase your confidence in OPOLAR.
- Can be used indoors and outdoors;
- It is light, hence easy to carry;
- Can last between three and thirteen hours depending on the speed you select;
- The light on the side can act as a lantern.
- When outdoors, you must carry a laptop or power bank to recharge the gadget.
DEWALT DCE511B Fan – Affordable Tent Air Conditioner for Camping
DEWALT DCE511B is a free-standing air conditioner that I recommend for freshening up a tent during the hot summer months. Its large base enables the gadget to stand freely and in a stable manner. It weighs around 6.7 pounds and measures 17 inches in height, 8 inches in depth and 12 inches in length.
The fan is powered by a battery. The battery must be attached on the front part of the gadget slightly above the base. It also has an alternative powering option whereby you may use a cord with an extension that is purchased separately. The fan allows for room for big batteries because it can pivot three hundred and sixty degrees. With a big battery, you are assured of fresh air for longer periods compared to a small one.
In addition to the base that makes it a free-standing gadget, you can hang it in a tent using a hanging hook. You may also mount it on a wall and let it do the air cooling from a stable position where it will not be moved around. It is made of heavy-duty plastic material that makes it a long-lasting conditioner for outdoors.
The length of time it can work depends on the type of battery that you use. With a four milliamperes battery, the fan can work for 7 hours. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a stable air conditioner to cool the tent when on camping.
- Corded or cordless operation (extension cord sold separately)
- Multiple hanging options - freestanding, hang hooks, and wall mount
- Same runtime and power in a lighter, shorter Package compared to DCB200
- No memory and virtually no self-discharge for maximum productivity and less Downtime
- It is flexible in that you can leave it to stand or hang either on a temporary place or on a wall;
- It is affordable;
- The manufacturer has made it using durable materials;
- You can use a battery or extension to make it work.
- It may be a bit heavy to carry around like an OPOLAR.
Taotuo Cooling Air Fan – Superb Tent Air Conditioner for Camping
Taotuo is another great conditioner for individuals who want a gadget that is easy to carry or move from a point to the other. It weighs 1.41 pounds, which is pretty easy to move around for most people. It also consumes less space as it is 7.1 by 6.1 by 5.8 inches. Although the name suggests that it is for cooling cars, I find it to be very efficient for camping tents too.
It is a single fan that does not have blades like many of the others I have already reviewed above. The blower is a plus because it enhances the silence of the gadget. It produces only forty-five decibels of sound when it is operating. Since the normal sound that a human can tolerate is 60db, it means that the fan is very quiet and friendly for any environment. Due to the soft sound, it is efficient for use in an environment with small children and adults who prefer resting in a quiet place.
It is electric and requires around 12 voltages of power to function. It has a knob that is used to turn it on and off, and also to change the speed levels of the fan. You can vary between two speeds depending on how much cooling you need. The two include hurricane, which is the highest, and moderate, which is normal.
It is one of the most environmentally friendly conditioners in the market as it consumes only seven watts of electricity. The fan also tilts, letting you position it in the most desired way. The 12V direct current makes it efficient for camping because you can connect it in the tent. This is in addition to the cigarette lighter that you may use to charge using a car socket.
The gadget is cage shaped, enabling it to be able to blow cool air more efficiently.
- 12V powered portable 2 speeds adjustable car summer cooling fan. The car fan size:16.5cm x 11.7cm x 16cm (L*W*H)
- The cigarette-lighter plug allows you to power it from your vehicle lighter socket
- The 12V DC power options make it a great choice for your car, Van, tent, RV, sleeper cab, SUV, ATV, delivery van, camping, hunting, or fishing etc
- Low energy consumption
- Portable and easy taking, Cage shape design, makes the wind more cool
- It is one of the lightest conditioners for tents;
- It is light making it convenient for camping;
- It is energy efficient;
- It does not make a noise like most conditioners with bladed fans.
- It may not be convenient for huge tents as its main function is to cool the small space in a car.
Treva Portable Fan – The Best Air Conditioner for Tent Camping
Treva 10 Inch Portable Fan as the name suggests is a portable air conditioner for tent trailer. The lightweight of the machine enables this; it weighs only 2.38 pounds. This weight is easy to move around in a camping tent. The dimensions (11*12.6*12.8 inches) make it even more suitable for camping because it occupies a small space.
The fan has two sources of power. It can use batteries and an AC charging port. The batteries are suitable when you go camping and do not have electricity around the place where you have set up a tent. You may experience cool air without stressing much about power. If you have a source of power, you may connect the AC adapter directly. The flexibility of power sources makes Treva efficient for camping anywhere. If you travel to a place without direct power, the batteries come in handy.
It has an inbuilt handle for carrying it around. The wide base enables the gadget to stand on its own. You can either fold the battery compartments or enlarge them so that they may also provide support. Therefore, space is not an issue because if it is limited, you may adjust the batteries to make it stand on small spaces such as on windows.
The blades of the fan are built in such a way that they can maximize the flow of air in a room or tent. They also consume a negligible amount of energy, hence making it environmentally friendly. The fan has only two speeds that make it simple to operate; these are high and low speeds that you can alternate using the speed knob.
In addition to the fan, Treva 10 inch has LED lights. These lights are on the side, and they are adjustable just like the battery compartments. The LED lighting has three levels that include night light, high and low. They enable the gadget to act both as an air cooler and lantern in one.
- PERFECT OUTDOOR REFRESHMENT: Keep yourself cool with this convenient travel fan that's perfect for the great outdoors! Treva by O2Cool is perfect for camping and the great outdoors!
- A POWERFUL 2 SPEED COOLING SYSTEM: Choose between two speeds to get moderate or powerful airflow. Patented blade design and a 10" diameter to offer a wide range of cooling everywhere!
- CONVENIENT DESIGN FOR EASY TRAVEL: The fan itself becomes its own carrying case with a handle for simple portability. It runs on 6 D batteries (not included) for outdoor fun or blackouts!
- ADJUSTABLE LED LIGHTS: Use the fan for your own personal lighting station outside or in your home! 3 light settings light up surroundings during power outages or the under the night sky.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL FOR ANY LOCATION: The fan comes with an AC adapter port so in case you want to use it in the comfort of your home, you'll be able to plug it in the wall of your bedroom or office!
- It can cool air and provide light at the same time;
- It occupies a small space;
- It can use AC or batteries;
- It is easy to move because of the lightweight;
- Compact size.
- The air cooler may be a bit slow when the batteries become old.
AboveTEK 12V DC Electric Fan – Nice Small Air Conditioner
AboveTek 12V DC fan is built specifically for use in cars. It is a light and small air conditioner for grow tent because it weighs only 1.1 lb., compared to other fans that weight up to six pounds that is quite heavy. It measures 10.5*3.5*5.5 inches, meaning it occupies a small space.
This gadget is one of the most unique in the market. It is a 12V fan with two swivel heads that are meant to circulate air evenly. With the fans being flexible, you can adjust them to face the direction you want. If you are driving, you may point one at the driver and the other at the passenger seat. In a camping site, you may also set the fans to look in any direction that you want for efficiency purposes.
It is also simple in that it has only two levels of speed. You can either set low or high speed. The gadget has a 9 feet long charging cord that you can connect to a car or boat for it to function. The beauty of this gadget is that it can work with solar energy, therefore, if you have solar panels and are camping in a place where there is no electricity, the energy from the sun may be sufficient to enable the fans to cool the environment. For this, it is one of the most environmentally friendly fans that you can find in the market.
AboveTEK is efficient for eliminating pet odor from the environment and also removing dust and cigarette particles. Therefore, you can run the machine with children in a car or a tent nearby a car as it will get rid of foreign particles around them so that they can breathe fresh air.
It produces only fifty decibels of noise, which is normal in addition to consuming between eight and fifteen watts, which is quite energy efficient. It comes with two stickers that you can use to stick it on a surface. For example, when you go hiking at a place where you first have to drive and set up a tent, you can stick it to the dashboard of the car to prevent falling off.
- 🔥COOL DOWN YOUR CAR INTERIOR IN SECONDS: Blow hot air out of your parked car in seconds with the AboveTEK 12V DC electric car fan. Ideal for hot summer days (and hot climates) our 2-speed fans will help cool your car interior and keep you, your passengers, your pets or kids comfortable
- 🚗REMOVE ALL SMELLS & KEEP YOUR CAR FRESH: If you are looking for an effective way to remove unwanted cigarette, pet, smoke or food odors from your vehicle interior, look no further. Our cooling fan for cars will improve ventilation and air circulation, thus eliminating unpleasant smells.
- 😀SUPER-EASY TO SET UP & ADJUST TO YOUR NEEDS: Our 12V car dashboard fan is equipped with strong adhesive stickers that will keep it securely in place on your dashboard or arm rest area. Plus, you can adjust the air flow direction of each fan and make sure it covers all areas of your car.
- 🍀WEAK AIR CONDITIONER? NO PROBLEM! Defrost your windshield in seconds in winter with our strong 2-speed fan for cars. Make hot days more bearable even if your AC does not get the job done. Make sure that you and your passengers are comfy even on long road trips or traffic jams.
- 💪ONE ELECTRIC CAR FAN FOR ALL BRANDS & MODELS: The AboveTEK universal electric fan is suitable for every small, compact, medium or large vehicle, SUV, sedan, car, van, truck, RV, ATV or boat with a 12VDC cigarette lighter socket. Why are you still sitting in a scorching-hot car?
- It is affordable;
- It has two adjustable fans;
- It is small and compact;
- Friendly for use near children as it clears dust particles from the surrounding.
- Its only source of power is a DC cigarette lighter.
Fantastic Vent 01100WH Endless Breeze – 12 Volt Universal Fan
Endless Breeze is a fan that is produced by Fan-Tastic company. It is special in that it runs on any 12V source of power, including solar panels. The use of solar makes it similar to AboveTEK that can also be run by solar power. The two are energy efficient, and they are sustainable as they use renewable energy. Endless Breeze uses only 1.2 to 2.6 amperes, which is very efficient.
The fan weighs two pounds, which makes it portable by hand. It has a width of 3.8 inches and height and length of 15.2 by 14.5 inches. Therefore, you can use it in small spaces such as in cars and boats.
You can use it by placing the bottom stands on a surface such as a table. They support the fan and make it stable. If you are using all the available surfaces, you may hang the gadget using the handle. For example, you can suspend it on the roof of the car or tent since it is light; hence, it cannot fall or cause damage to the roof.
The fan has a six feet long charging cord. This length is quite long, although you cannot compare it with that of AboveTEK that has room for nine feet. However, it has more speeds. You can either set it on low, medium or high. Medium speed is efficient when you want it to circulate air around you in a fast but not distracting manner.
AboveTEK has durable material that makes it long-lasting. The durability also increases because of the compact nature of the gadget that keeps everything together. The fans produce some sound that may seem a lot, especially in a work environment. It may be distracting to individuals in an office. However, for camping, the sound may not be a bother unless you are a light sleeper.
- Instant air flow
- Low sound levels
- Low amp draw: 1.2 - 2.6
- 12 Volt plug with 5' cord
- It can use solar power;
- It is energy efficient;
- It is compact;
- It circulates air efficiently.
- It may be noisy.
5 Main Types of Air Conditioners that You Can Buy
Currently, there are many different types of air conditioners that you can find in the market. They may be confusing when you do not know how and where each operates efficiently. It is important to know about all the options to avoid buying the wrong type of appliance. There is a variety of conditioners that you can find, but these five are the most important to know about.
- Central air conditioners
Central coolers are efficient for large homes that need to cool many rooms. These have compressors that do the work of cooling the air, and those are usually installed outside. They also have fans that are circulating cool air in a room. These types have exhaust systems that eliminate warm air while giving way for cool air.
- Portable air conditioners
These are the best types of small air conditioners for tents because as the name suggests, they are portable. You can easily move with the whole unit from one place to the other. For example, you can transfer them from a car and use them in a tent. The fans, compressor, and exhaust of these devices are all inbuilt. Therefore, they may produce more sound than other types of air coolers.
- Window air conditioners
These require to be installed on windows of buildings with the cooling fans pointing inside the room while the exhaust that produces warm air faces outside. You may install a window air conditioner in tent or a room. It is most efficient for use in a single room such as inside a camping tent because if you fit it in a home, you may have to buy a gadget for each room, and this can be expensive.
- Through the wall air conditioners
The principle of operating these is the same as that of conditioners that are mounted on windows. The difference is that they have to be installed on the walls permanently. You cannot move them around, nor can you change the position once you set them up. The barrier where you will mount these gadgets has to be reshaped to allow them to operate efficiently. Therefore, they are suitable only for indoors.
- Ductless split air conditioners
These are similar to central air conditioners in that they have both outdoor and indoor units. This is why they are known as split air conditioners because they are divided into two main parts. They function the same way with the only difference being that you can regulate the temperature for each zone or room in a building. This flexibility makes them more expensive than the central conditioners. The disadvantage is that they cannot also be used for outdoor activities such as camping in tents because they have to be placed in permanent locations.
The type of conditioner you buy depends on what you need it for; if you are camping in a tent, window and portable air conditioners are the best.
Different Air Conditioners Use Various Sources of Power
It is also important to know that air conditioners do not use the same source of power. Therefore, you have to select a gadget based on the power source that you have. Some have one, while others use multiple sources of power. Electricity (AC and DC) is one of the sources that is used to run most of the fans in the market. This is because electricity is a common power that is used in the United States and around the world.
The types of air conditioner for camping tents discussed above prove this point. At least seven out of the ten gadgets use electricity to cool tents. Therefore, it is impossible to avoid fans that use electricity, considering that it is also a main source of power for most homes, hotels, camping sites, and other recreational facilities.
Some of the electric-powered fans may have rechargeable batteries, which can be used anywhere when full. These are very efficient for camping because you can prepare yourself in advance by recharging the battery. If you are going to stay at a place that does not have electrical power, you may need to buy an extra battery to last for the number of days you will be living in a tent.
Other types of conditioners use non-rechargeable batteries. The batteries can only be used once before being disposed of accordingly. For example, Odoland air conditioner from among the ones that we have discussed above uses 2D batteries. This means that when you buy this type of gadget, you have to carry enough supply of the batteries to avoid living in darkness in a tent during the night.
The best way to plan the usage is to determine how long a set of batteries last in the fan and then determine the amount of time you will spend away from home. This way, you will know the number of pairs to buy. If the batteries run out on you, you can easily visit the nearest shopping center and buy new ones.
Finally, some air conditioners may use solar power in addition to using electricity so that you have the flexibility to use the type of power at your disposal. For example, AboveTEK and Endless Breeze that have been discussed above use 12V solar or electric energy. Fans that use solar energy are conscious of the environment. When the weather is very hot, especially during summer months when you go out for an adventure, you may use the energy from the sun to solar power panels that may then help to run a fan.
Although these three sources of power are the main ones, most gadgets are flexible. Some may use more than one source, hence enabling you to select between two or more sources.
So Which Type of Air Conditioner Should You Buy and Why?
There are very many types of air conditioners in the market. If you are traveling to a camping site and don’t have a car, it is best to select one that can fit in a backpack. For example, Odoland and OPOLAR are very efficient for outdoors as they occupy a small amount of space. They are also efficient for small portable air conditioner tent trailer with one or two people.
However, if you have a car that you may use to go camping, there is a variety of options that you can select from. Actually, with a wagon, you can select any of the ones discussed above, such as Cool Breeze and IcyBreeze that are efficient but require you to have enough space. They are not also as portable as the ones that can fit in a backpack.
Ensure that you are also aware of the type of power that is available in the area you are going camping. Otherwise, you do not want to buy an AC powered fan and then find out later that your campsite does not have this kind of current.
Have you used any of the gadgets reviewed above? What was your experience, and would you recommend them to others?