Best 2 Person Emergency Survival Kit
According to disaster relief professionals, you must always have an emergency supply of three days’ worth of food, water and medical supplies. This supply is intended to keep you going until emergency services come to your rescue. With unpredictable events like earthquakes, tornados and pandemics on the rise, you can never be too prepared for an emergency.
Although it is extremely important to have emergency supplies at home, you must also have some in your car, office, and camping gear. It is because you cannot predict when and where you will need the supplies. A portable emergency survival kit with non-perishable food, water, and medical items is a must-have.
I love going hiking. For many years, I have witnessed first-hand the traumas, fatigue, and joy of achieving the goal. Therefore, I truly understand the importance of emergency survival kits. Today, I will review 5 quality emergency products that every household must have. Each emergency survival kit stands out for its comprehensive packaging and useful components.
Best Emergency Two Person Survival Kit – Top 5 Reviews
Before buying a kit, you should consider the size of your family. If you have a big family, you need more items. Each emergency survival kit comes with enough items for a specific number of people. You should also think about why you need the kit. A home use kit differs from one that is meant for outdoor use.
What should an emergency survival kit contain? Consider that you will have to stay safe, fed, and warm during an emergency. Therefore a good kit should have medical supplies including iodine, gauze, surgical spirit, aspirin, safety pins, and band-aids. It should also have non-perishable food items, including food bars and pouches that are ready to eat. Water is a must-have for hydration; some kits may even contain water filters. A thermal blanket for warmth is also necessary.
Other items like a flashlight, batteries, phone charger, lighter, matches, bottle openers, and cutting tools are also important to have. Personal hygiene kits should not be forgotten, as you may want to keep fresh despite being in an emergency. So, which is the best 2 person emergency survival kit to buy in 2021?
1. Emergency Zone 2 Person Survival Kit
This company is known for the quality of its survival kits for the outdoors. Being a family-oriented company, they know what it takes to keep you and your loved ones going for at least 3 days before you are able to access emergency services. The 2 person survival kit has medical supplies, food, water, and additional items for warmth and safety.
- One first aid kit with 53 pieces. It has all the essential safety components, including surgical blades with handles, waterproof surgical tape, tweezers, safety pins, scissors, antiseptic tubes, hand sanitizer, water purification tablets, cohesive bandage, Advil, super glue, eye drops, band-aids, and Dramamine.
- 4 N95 masks are designed to fully cover the wearer’s mouth and filter out dust and other particles. Its close facial fit and effective filtering make it a must-have in an emergency situation. For extra measure, this useful survival kit has 4 pieces, two for each individual.
- An emergency preparedness guidebook. In 53 pages, you get an expert guide to survival in disaster situations. The contents of the book include information about how to prepare for a disaster, how to shelter during a disaster, how to store food and water, first aid and CPR tips, and how to take care of children, the elderly, and pets.
- A weatherproof bag for your first aid kit. It is waterproof to ensure that all your medical supplies are kept dry for use.
- 2 packs of food bars, each having 2 150kcal bars. These require no rehydration or reheating before use. They also contain minimal amounts of sodium to prevent thirst in an emergency situation. Each bar has enough energy to keep one adult going for at least a day. The bars have five years to expiry from the manufacturer’s date.
- 12 water pouches each contain 4.2 oz. These SOS brand water pouches are clean and safe for drinking. They are usable for five years from the manufacturer’s date.
- A straw filter to enable you to access clean, purified water. This emergency survival kit has a front use straw filter that can purify 30 gallons of water.
- 2 Emergency blankets are waterproof and can keep you warm in any weather. They are heavy and made from durable fabric to ensure that you can use them in harsh conditions.
- 2 Adult ponchos are included because, while on the move, you may not be able to lug around the blanket. These ponchos keep you warm while freeing up your hands for other tasks. They also have a hoodie for extra warmth.
- A flashlight is made from rubber for durability, uses batteries, and the pack comes with an extra pair of those for backup. Visibility in an emergency situation is priceless.
- A special radio that can pick up frequencies that others cannot. It also picks weather alerts in higher frequencies.
- That way, you are prepared for the changing elements. It is battery-powered and comes with 2 AA batteries.
- Hygiene items. They include toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes, feminine pads, a washcloth, shampoo, shaving cream, razor, comb, soap, toilet paper, and a sewing kit. These allow you to freshen up regardless of your location.
All the items in this emergency survival kit are packed in a discrete backpack. While in survival mode, the last thing you need is a bag that brazenly announces its content. To avoid theft, this kit is packed in an ordinary yet sturdy backpack.
- ✅ An Emergency Kit You Can Count On- this multi-use 72-hour go bag was created to give individuals and families a quality but affordable survival kit that covers all the essentials without cutting any corners. Designed to prepare you and your family for any emergency event, whether that be a HURRICANE, EARTHQUAKE, FLOOD, CIVIL UNREST, or EVACUATION, this survival kit makes preparedness accessible for any budget, because everyone should be able to ensure the safety of the ones they love.
- ✅ When it comes to survival, water is absolutely vital. In a disaster access to clean water will likely be limited, which is why we provide ample water provisions in this kit. In addition to the USA MADE, COAST GUARD APPROVED S.O.S BRAND WATER POUCHES (5-year shelf life from manufacturer date) we include a FRONTIER STRAW FILTER that will allow you to use any water source, filters up to 30 GALLONS.
- ✅ The SOS BRAND FOOD RATIONS, USA MADE & COAST GUARD APPROVED (5-year shelf life from manufacturer date) included are space-efficient, supply 1200 calories per person per day, require no rehydration, no reheating, and were developed to be non-thirst inducing. Other options, such as freeze-dried food pouches, call for up to 8 cups water to rehydrate 72-hours’ worth of food, typically only supply 500-600 calories per person per day, and contain hundreds of milligrams of sodium.
- ✅ Emergency Guidebook- not only does this kit have the tools and supplies you need to survive a disaster, but also included is our Emergency Preparedness Guidebook that will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to as well. In it you will find crucial survival information from how to create an emergency plan, to administering life-saving first aid, to what to do during an earthquake, hurricane, nuclear disaster, pandemic, and more.
- Sufficient items;
- Unmarked bag for safety;
- Bag material seems flimsy.
2. Redfora Emergency Two Person Survival Kit
The ideal buyer for this bag is anyone who lives in an area that is prone to natural disasters, including tropical destinations, areas near fault lines, and so on. This emergency kit offers a combination of convenience and efficiency by having everything you would need to survive for 72 hours in an emergency. It contains medical supplies, food, water, sleeping materials, heat sources, and other tools.
- A first aid kit that contains all the basic items for survival outdoors, including adhesive tape, sterile gauze pads, adhesive bandages, antibiotic cream, non-adhesive pads, scissors, tweezers, safety pin, bandage, antiseptic, Ibuprofen, and a thermometer.
- Two N95 masks that fit closely around the nose and mouth to prevent inhalation of dust and other harmful particles. They are reusable because they are made from sturdy material.
- 2 food bars worth 3600 kcal of energy. Each bar contains wheat, vegetable oil, cane extract, water, salt, and coconut flavor. The food can withstand high temperatures of 149 degrees Fahrenheit without melting into a lumpy mess.
- 24 pouches of purified, long-life water. This water can keep for long periods before expiry. Each bag is custom made to ensure that you get fresh water that has a long time to expiry.
- 2 Hydration bags that have a straw. These bags are portable and waterproof to ensure their durability and ease of use.
- 20 pieces of water purification tablets for the emergency survival kit. If you find a water source, these purification tablets will ensure that you use clean water. FEMA recommends the consumption of a gallon of water per adult, and these tablets can help you meet this requirement.
- A sleeping bag that is warm and large enough for one adult. The emergency survival kit contains two of these.
Two adult ponchos that keep you warm on the go without the bulkiness of blankets.
- Tube tents that are easy to set up. While in an emergency situation outdoors, these inflatable tube tents provide shelter and a place to stay dry.
- A body warmer that keeps you warm in cold weather.
- A flashlight that is charged using the hand crank method. It also serves as the radio and phone charger. This is one of the best items included in this emergency survival kit.
- A candle that lasts for 30 hours. It comes with waterproof matchsticks and a bright stick that can glow for 12 hours.
- A nylon rope that measures 50 feet and is strong enough to pull adult weight if needed.
- Safety goggles for eye protection in case of falling debris and dust particles.
- Work gloves that make it safe to climb over hard surfaces and prevent blistering.
- A brightly colored whistle that blows loud enough to alert people of your presence. It is great to help emergency services to locate you.
The winning quality of this kit is that it is quite affordable compared to others on the market. Although it does not include the variety of gear others do, you can always add a few items on your own. The extra pockets are for this purpose.
- COLOR-CODED ORGANIZATION SYSTEM: Built for 2 People for a 3-Day Period, Organized in Re-sealable Waterproof Packs
- FOOD + WATER + HYGIENE INCLUDED: 3600 Calorie Food Bars with 5 Yr Shelf Life, Water Pouches (24), Hydration Bag with Straw, Water Purification Tablets (20), Full Hygiene Kit and More
- TOOLS TO THRIVE: 40+ expert-curated supplies including Hand Crank Flashlight / Radio / Phone Charger, 107 Piece Extended Life First Aid Kit, Multi-Tool, Sleeping Bag, Tube Tent, 50-ft Nylon Rope, 5-in-1 Whistle, 2-Person Tube Tent, and much more
- VIDEO GUIDE TO YOUR SUPPLIES: Expert Video Guide Covering the Essential Preparedness Tips for Each Category of Your Supplies
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE | GIVES BACK TO DISASTER RELIEF | ONE-ON-ONE EXPERT SUPPORT
- Sturdy bag;
- Convenient radio, flashlight, charger combination.
3. ER Emergency Ready 2 Person Ultimate Deluxe Backpack Survival Kit
Keeping an emergency survival kit in your car is one of the best ways to prepare for a natural disaster, civil unrest or pandemics. While you can always make a kit on your own using store-bought items, you may not always have the time and effort required to do so. Furthermore, the quality and durability of store bought-items are doubtful.
That’s why this Ultimate Deluxe emergency survival kit by Quake Kare was created using the highest quality items and non-perishable food and water.
- A first aid kit that contains enough medical supplies for four people. It includes bandages, antiseptic, gauze, scissors, tweezers, razor, pain medication, antihistamines, antibiotic gel, band-aids, and much more.
- An out of state contact card to write down the name and contact details of relatives who can be reached in case of an emergency. You should also include any medical information that will be useful in your treatment. This includes a history of allergies, past medication, and so on.
- An N95 dust mask that is approved for protection from dust and other harmful particles.
- 2 pieces of lemon-flavored food bars. Each bar provides 2400 calories that are sufficient for an adult. The bar can be dissolved in water for children to eat. The bars are non-perishable even in harsh weather and can last 5 years from the date of manufacture.
- 12 water pouches containing 4.20z each. This water is purified and ready for use. It lasts 5 years from the date of manufacture.
- 3 strips of water purification tablets, each having 10 purification tablets. These tablets are made by Aquatabs, a known and trusted manufacturer of water purifiers. They can be used to clean water from various sources before consumption.
- 2 light sticks that glow for 12 hours. They come in luminous green and yellow to enhance visibility.
- A thermal blanket that is built to provide maximum warmth in areas with low temperatures.
- A poncho with a hood that is made from waterproof outer material to prevent you from getting rained on. It also keeps you warm while freeing your hands to perform other tasks.
- A tube tent that provides shelter in the outdoors. It is easy to set up and has enough room for at least 2 people.
- A hand-crank flashlight provides light in dark areas. It can either be charged using the hand crank or solar energy. It doubles up as the charger for radio and phone and has a standard USB port.
- Work gloves for protection while going through rough and dangerous terrains.
- A whistle that is loud enough to draw the attention of emergency services and other individuals who can provide assistance.
- A Swiss Army Knife that has five functions and different blades for each. Its pocket size allows it to take up the least space.
- A Survival Guide that contains all the information you may need about how to survive in an emergency.
- Simply the most complete and reliable survival kit on the market
- Great way to ensure that you are safe while on the road in an emergency
- Packaged in large, durable nylon, backpack for strategic survival purposes.
- Contains 3 day supply for 2 people of survival food and water that is approved by US Coast Guard to store safely for 5 years even in extreme conditions.
- Includes AM/FM and Weather Band (NOAA) radio, LED flashlight, and USB device charger that never needs batterie
- Sturdy backpack;
- Backpack made from nylon.
- Does not contain as many hygiene supplies as other survival kits.
4. Quake Kare 2 Person Deluxe Backpack Survival Kit
It is a more basic version of the Ultimate Deluxe emergency survival kit by Quake Kare. However, it contains the same supplies that are needed in case of a natural or human-made disaster. This emergency survival kit has sufficient supplies for 72 hours. The kit contains food, water, medical supplies, and some additional items for lighting and shelter.
- A first aid kit with all the basic medical supplies.
- An out of state contact card for recording your emergency contacts.
- A box of 50 N95 face masks.
- 2 pieces of 2400 calorie food bars that can be eaten whole or dissolved in water for children to eat. Each bar provides 2400 calories.
- 12 water pouches of purified, ready to drink water.
- 1 strip of water purification tablets that has 10 tablets.
- 1 light stick that glows for 12 hours. It comes in luminous green to enhance visibility.
- A thermal blanket.
- A hooded poncho made from waterproof outer material. It keeps you warm while freeing your hands to perform other tasks.
- A tube tent that is easy to set up and has enough room for at least 2 people.
- Hand crank dynamo flashlight that can be charged using solar energy.
- 50 pairs of work gloves
- A loud and brightly colored whistle for attracting the attention of emergency services.
- Has enough medical supplies for four people;
- Has out of state contact card for emergency contacts.
- A branded bag might make you the target of thieves in an emergency survival situation
5. Quake Kare 2 Person Deluxe Home Survival Kit
It is the home survival version of the Ultimate Deluxe survival kit by Quake Kare. It not only contains the same supplies as the Deluxe portable kit but also has a few additional ones that are necessary for home survival.
While emergencies are more likely to happen outdoors, you cannot overlook the fact that you can get trapped in your home along with your family. You may not have access to the basic necessities. Therefore, it is wise to have an emergency survival kit in the house as well.
- 1 first aid kit that has enough medical supplies for four people
- 1 out of state contact card to indicate the names of loved ones who can be contacted in case of an emergency
50 N95 dust masks for protection from dust and other particles.
- 2 pieces of 2400 calorie non-perishable food bars that are safe for both adults and kids to eat.
- 12 water pouches containing 4.20z each. The water lasts 5 years from the date of manufacture.
- 10 water purification tablets that can be used to clean water before consumption.
- 1 luminous green light stick that glows for 12 hours.
- A warm thermal blanket for use in areas with low temperatures.
- A hooded poncho that keeps you dry and warm
- A flashlight that uses solar energy
- Portable radio receives AM/FM frequencies and comes with 2 AA batteries.
- Work gloves that keep you from getting cut and bruised. The emergency survival kit contains 50 pairs.
- A loud whistle for drawing the attention of emergency services and other individuals who can provide assistance.
- Snap-on toilet seat – comes with a 5-gallon bucket. Once the toilet seat is fitted over the bucket, you will have the perfect portable toilet. This item comes in handy in situations where the toilets are not working, and you still need to relieve yourself with some dignity.
- Has enough items for home survival;
- Portable toilet seat enhances convenience.
- Not suited for outdoor use.
The Emergency Zone 2 Person Survival Kit is the best I have reviewed. It has everything you would need when disaster strikes. However, the other four survival kits in this review also have something good to offer. Your purchase should be determined by the size and needs of your family.
It is worth noting that any day emergency survival kit for two person is only a short term solution. It is meant to help you survive until professional emergency services come to your aid. Therefore, you should always notify your family and friends of your whereabouts if going outdoors. By doing so, you are guaranteed that in case of an emergency, there will be someone looking for you.
Have you bought any of the products in this review? How was your experience? Are there any other survival kits I should have reviewed? Let me know in the comment section below. I look forward to answering all your questions about preparing for emergencies.
Last update on 2021-04-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API