- 1 Best Backpacking Tent for Tall Person: Top 7
- 1.1 1. Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL – One of The Best Backpacking Tent for Tall Person
- 1.2 2. Coleman Cabin Tent With Instant Setup – The High Tent for Outdoor Activities
- 1.3 3. MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-Person – Lightweight and Compact Tent for Tall People
- 1.4 4. Toogh 3-4 Person – One of the Best Budget Tents for Tall People
- 1.5 5. Kelty Night Owl Backpacking – Updated Version of the Popular Tents for Tall Guys
- 1.6 6. MOON LENE – Solid Tents for Tall Guys
- 1.7 7. Winterial Tall Tents – A Good Choice for Camping
- 2 Have You Already Chosen Your Tall Dome Tent?
Want to go on a hike or bike trip? You’ll need a lightweight tent, which can be easily placed somewhere in the glade and spend the night there in comfort. When choosing such tents, pay attention to the size, as many models are too small for tall people.
That’s why I decided to choose the best backpacking tent for a tall person and describe several models at once for convenient comparison. This article will help you learn more about choosing the best backpacking tents where you can have a good time even if you are over 6 feet tall.
Best Backpacking Tent for Tall Person: Top 7
It would help if you did not have any trade-offs between lightweight and capacity, as there are camping tents for tall people that are both lightweight and compact enough to carry behind your back for a long time. I usually use tents with a tall center height of 49″ or more and a length over 90″. Only in such a high tent, I do feel comfortable.
1. Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL – One of The Best Backpacking Tent for Tall Person
I really like this tent model, which is ideal for hiking or cycling. The model is made of high-tech materials, so it is light, strong, and spacious. The American manufacturing company offers several variations of tents for tall guys that can accommodate one to four people. You can choose your favorite color of this tent: orange, olive green, or olive orange.
The construction of the tent is very simple. The frame consists of 7 aluminum stands and 2 stands for the lobby. You will not need any instructions to assemble this. You will spend about 10 minutes assembling the structure anywhere you rest. The tent weighs less than 3.5 lbs, so it is easy to carry with you.
You will comfortably stay in this tent even if your height exceeds 6,5 feet.
- FULLY REDESIGNED - One of our best-selling, full-featured, ultralight backpacking tents, the Copper Spur HV UL series just got better with new features inside and out, proprietary materials that are stronger and lighter, and hardware that makes setting up even easier
- AWARD-WINNING COMFORT - New awning-style vestibule expands covered living space; great for both drizzle and sun protection. The double zippers provide multiple access options; great for minimizing wind driven rain or snow getting into your living room. The UL1 features one door and one vestibule.
- STORAGE AND MORE - New 3-D bin ‘mezzanine’ in the foot provides massive, off the floor storage; Oversized ceiling pocket in the head provides great additional storage space; Media pockets provide clean earbud cord-routing from phones or other devices. Includes multiple interior loops for attaching gear lofts (fits Wall, Triangle and Square gear lofts), accessories, and mtnGLO Tent & Camp Lights (not included). Also includes 7 DAC superlight aluminum J stakes and 2 awning guylines.
- Ultra-light nylon with high strength;
- Double metallic zippers for intrusion protection;
- Top pocket for extra storage;
- Mesh for protection against mosquitoes and insects;
- Sealed flooring for protection against unevenness, cold, and dampness;
- Easy to assemble.
- Not found.
2. Coleman Cabin Tent With Instant Setup – The High Tent for Outdoor Activities
I like this Coleman Cabin because of its quick and easy setup. It only takes 60 seconds to fold the structure on a flat surface fully. The tent weighs only a few pounds, but visually seems very cumbersome. The manufacturer offers several variations of this model that differ in size. The tent’s most compact versions can accommodate 4 people (size is 8×7 feet with a protective screen). You will be able to sit in this tall dome tent sitting, but not fully grown.
Coleman Cabin is easy to carry thanks to its signature handles on the bag. Due to the developed design, it is convenient to collect poles and stretch the tent in just one minute. During rain, the tent’s floor does not get wet or cooled due to angular welds and density of the material. The tent can be covered with a dark cloth, which is supplied with the tent. This blocks up to 90% of the sunlight and protects the interior of hot weather tents from intense heat.
- Instant tent sets up in just 1 minute. Fits 1 queen-size air bed
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Rugged Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric for reliable, long-lasting use
- Durable polyester density 150D;
- Protective bottom;
- Blocking 90% of sunlight.
- Too large a tent Bag.
3. MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-Person – Lightweight and Compact Tent for Tall People
MSR Hubba Hubba is a small and light tourist tent for one or two people. But inside there is plenty of space, as on a double bed king-size. The tent weighs about 3.5 pounds and folds into a small bag that can be carried in hands or placed in your car without taking much space.
The floor area of this light and a compact tent is 29 square feet, and its peak height is 39 inches. Despite this, it is very comfortable to sit in a tent even for high height people due to the large area. The tent is made of dense nylon. The manufacturer guarantees that the material will last 2-3 times longer than ordinary waterproof material of simple tents. Sturdy construction of aluminum poles can withstand even a strong storm, which is proven time.
- 3-season, 2-person backpacking tent that offers the most livable accommodations in a lightweight freestanding design. Floor Fabric - 30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Xtreme Shield polyurethane & DWR
- Pole geometry maximizes space with 29 sq. feet of floor area, interior peak height of 39 inches, plus 17.5 sq. feet of vestibule area
- Complete setup weighs 3.5 lbs. and packs down to 18x6 inches; minimalist setup option uses footprint, poles, and rainfly and weighs 3 lbs.
- Lightweight from 3 to 3.5 pounds;
- Rugged and flexible design;
- Wear-resistant 30D ripstop nylon.
- Low peak height.
4. Toogh 3-4 Person – One of the Best Budget Tents for Tall People
Toogh is a famous American brand of tourism equipment that also manufactures great tents for tall people. The products of the brand are budget, so customers do love Toogh, as they get high quality for a fair price.. Toogh 3-4 Person tent is a basic model, made of waterproof nylon with high durability. The tent is designed to be conveniently assembled in 1-2 minutes using aluminum poles. The tent’s outer cover has a nylon base, due to which moisture does not penetrate the tent. Direct sunlight also does not penetrate the tent, due to which the inner space is not very heated.
The American company provides customers tall tents for camping and other brand products with a 12-month warranty. During this period, you can easily replace your tent. But, once again, this model is just perfect for tall people! In addition, the model has two doors for entrance and exit (located opposite each other). As a pleasant bonus – dense mosquito nets will protect the doors from mosquito penetration.
I truly believe that this is one of the best budget tall camping tents.
- ✅【Unique and fantastic design】The tent is Super easy to set up and take down in only 60 seconds，Simply lift up the top of the tent and it will automatic installation. Press the end of the pole at moment which poles have yellow labels, automatically folding tent
- ✅【High Quality Waterproof Fabric】Outside tent with a waterproof level of 3000mm is made of 210D oxford fabric + Silicone Coating. The tent floor with a waterproof level of 10000mm is made of 210T
- ✅【Camping Tents with Dual Doors】Ultralight tent with extremely dense mosquito net, provides better ventilation and protects against mosquito bites. This waterproof tent has 2 doors, offer easy access, The mesh windows allow the breeze to come in and keep the mosquito out
- Lightweight: from 3 to 3.5 pounds;
- Rugged and flexible design;
- Wear-resistant 30D ripstop nylon.
- Low peak height.
5. Kelty Night Owl Backpacking – Updated Version of the Popular Tents for Tall Guys
This model of a tent for tall people was updated in 2019. The American manufacturing company has improved the material, made the construction easier, and increased the inner area. The inner area is more than 45 square feet, which is enough to accommodate four people. In the same lineup, there are models of even larger size with increased peak height.
This tent model has very large doors, which are protected with mosquito netting. Therefore, people with any shape of body are very comfortable to get up and leave the tent. The walls are made of fabric with a density of 68 DEN. It is enough to keep out the sunlight and protect yourself from the weather conditions. Also, this tent model has a waterproof case. You can always pull the rain cover halfway to enjoy the beautiful view from your tent.
- The Kelty Night Owl offers excellent livability at an affordable price. Easy to set up and equipped with pockets that help with illumination, it's ideal for anyone who appreciates increased visibility when setting up camp after dark.
- Aluminum pole set consists of two hubbed and one ridged pole. Pockets at the corners of the tent keep one end of the pole secure as you move around to deal with the other end. Guy line pockets mean that you won’t have bits of line blowing in the wind.
- walls are No-see-um mesh and the floor is tough 68 denier fabric, water resistant to 1800 mm. The seams are taped to keep moisture on the outside. The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site.
- The seams are well glued;
- Waterproof removable cover;
- Has inside pockets for storing things;
- Dense floor for protection against cold and moisture.
- Floor bedding not included;
- Large tent bag without handles.
6. MOON LENE – Solid Tents for Tall Guys
The primary material used is nylon with a waterproofness of 2000 mm, which is superior to many similar tents. The doors have a mesh cover, which does not pass even the smallest insects. This tent has a simple construction, which consists of two rods made of aluminum. There are 11 pegs and locks in the kit for fixing the waterproof cover.
In general, many buyers note the high quality of this tent. However, the carrying bag is a bit large for hiking.
- Convenient side exit;
- Transparent tent roof (without waterproof cover);
- Protection against moisture and other weather conditions;
- Simple installation in 10 minutes.
- Uncomfortable bag to carry;
- The assembled tent weighs more than 5.5 pounds.
7. Winterial Tall Tents – A Good Choice for Camping
American company Winterial presented a winter tent for three people. This model is also suitable for tall people, so it has a reasonably high peak and big doors for the front entrance with a large shoe vestibule. The winter tent has a low price. Nevertheless, it is made of quality nylon with a bright orange cover. The tent weighs 5.31 pounds; open dimensions are 82 x 64 x 46 inches.
The developers claim that this tent is suitable for climbers and those who camp in the cold season in snowy regions. The case is waterproof. It has ventilated openings, through which water does not enter. Doors are closed with a strong metal zipper. The construction is made of several aluminum sticks and pins. You can be sure that the installed tent can withstand snow and heavy rain. Moreover, the lower part and all corners are protected from moisture.
- 3 SEASON TENT - The Winterial Three Person Tent is the perfect tent for Spring, Fall and Summer. The included rainfly provides full coverage, ventilation and insulation in rainy/colder weather. Simply remove the rainfly for excellent cross-breeze ventilation for warmer weather.
- FAST & EASY SETUP - Simply stake down the corners of the tent and install the two aluminum poles and your Winterial 3 Man Tent is ready for the night. Have your tent set up within 5 minutes! Store everything in the included travel bag once you are ready to pack out.
- FEATURES - The Winterial 3 Person Tent features a convenient internal pocket, waterproof rainfly and stitching, a durable waterproof floor, and all-metal poles and stakes. Not only is this tent lightweight and packs small, it is build to last and withstand the elements.
- Can accommodate up to three people;
- Bright and durable cover for rain and snow;
- Inside, the tent keeps warm;
- Lightweight: 4.4 pounds without pins.
- Low-density floor.
Have You Already Chosen Your Tall Dome Tent?
Many people are uncomfortable to be placed in ordinary tourist tents because of the low height. There are models of tents with high peaks and long lengths, where it is convenient to place people with height more than 6.5 feet.
When choosing tents for tall people, you should consider the peak height and the inner area. The tent should be long enough for you or your companions to lie down comfortably. When you are looking for a tent for tall people, you have to compromise between the weight of your tent, its convenience, and size. Selecting your tents often leads to mistakes. As the large models are often too heavy, the backpack is uncomfortable, and the design is intricate. I tried to consider all these criteria and choose the best models.
And what do you pay attention to when choosing a tent? Have you ever been in a situation when you didn’t have enough space inside your tent to rest comfortably? Share your opinion in the comments.
Last update on 2022-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API