- 1 Top 5 Four-Season Tents of Highest Quality
- 1.1 1. Geertop – Best 2-Person 4-Season Tent
- 1.2 2. MoKo Family – Best 3-Person 4-Season Tent
- 1.3 3. Vidalido – Reliable Double-Wall 4-Season Family Tent
- 1.4 4. Forceatt – Best Ultralight 4-Season Tent
- 1.5 5. Coleman – Large 4-Season Tent for Any Weather
- 2 What Is a Four-Season Tent?
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Go Camping Wherever You Want
The best four-season tent should be snow, water, and wind-resistant to protect you from unexpected weather conditions. Not all models have such characteristics. You should be careful while choosing four-season camping tents to avoid purchasing low-quality ones. That’s why I want to provide you with the mountaineering tent reviews. These products are designed and tested specifically for 4-season camping.
Top 5 Four-Season Tents of Highest Quality
- GEERTOP Portable 2 Person 4 Season Tent – Best Easy Set Up 4 Season Tent
- MoKo Waterproof Family Camping Tent – Best Waterproof Family Camping Tent For 3 Person
- Dome Camping Tent – Best Dome Camping Tent For 5-6 Person
- Forceatt Tent for 2 and 3 Person
- Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor Tent
When choosing the tent, you need to consider how large it should be and which features you prefer. In these 4-season tent reviews, you will find my recommendations on products with diverse sizes and properties.
1. Geertop – Best 2-Person 4-Season Tent
Creating the equipment that inspires people to go outside is the goal of the Geertop company. This best 4-season tent for two people is compact and portable. It has all the features to go camping at any time.
The tent doesn’t take much space; the dimensions of the package are 6.3 x 6.3 x 18 inches. It has enough room for two adults. The height is 43.3 inches, which is highly comfortable – you can easily sit together inside. Its width is 47.2 inches, and the length is 82.7 inches plus 39.3 inches for your backpacks.
One of the biggest advantages of this 4-season backpacking tent is that it weighs only about 7.1 lbs. This weight includes all the equipment for setting it up. Among them are guy ropes, a ceiling pocket, aluminum poles, tent pegs, an inner tent, a flysheet, and a buckle strap.
To protect you from the cold weather, this tent has a built-in snow skirt around and double-stitched seams that create a waterproof layer. Also, the inner and outer tents keep the temperature stable inside.
The double zipper allows you to zip the tent both from inside and outside. There are two pockets in this unit. A ceiling pocket can be used to keep small things and also has a hook to hang a lamp. The triangular pocket is for storing various accessories. Besides, this best 2-person 4-season tent on my list has a ventilation window for summer adventures.
- Has double-layers construction;
- Compact and lightweight;
- Strong aluminum poles;
- Convenient inner pockets;
- Efficient protection from snow.
- Only for two people.
- 【Waterproof Camping Tent】Geertop 2 person 4 season tent made of 20D PU8000 mm waterproof coated nylon for Outer tent & 210T PU 5000 mm waterproof coating polyester for tent floor, be able to resist strong wind or snow in high altitude camping situations
- 【4 Season Tent】This 4 season tent built in snow skirt around + breathable nylon mesh which makes it great for cold, snowy or warm weather; Double stitched, tape sealed seams ensure a waterproof seal in cold weather ; With strong and stable Aluminum poles
- 【 Easy to Set Up 】DOUBLE LAYERS tent - Inner tent + Outer Tent Fly, please note that the inner tent color is yellow,please set up the outer tent first, one person can easily set up the tent & flysheet in a few minutes, to save more time for the camping trip
2. MoKo Family – Best 3-Person 4-Season Tent
If you’re searching for an affordable family tent, MoKo has several models to offer you. This particular 3-person tent is intended for three people to travel at any season.
As this tent is designed for two or three people, its dimensions are larger than of a standard tent, though it remains quite lightweight. The package size is 7.8 x 8.2 x 21.6 inches. When you set it up, the tent has 41.3 inches in height and 70.8 inches in width, which is perfect for three people. The length of the item is 82.7 inches. Moreover, you get additional space for keeping your backpacks.
This 3-person tent weighs about 9.9 pounds. The kit includes three fiberglass poles, guy lines, and metal pegs for installations. You don’t need to spend a lot of time assembling this tent thanks to its 3-poles construction.
It’s a double-wall 4-season tent, so it has a strong and reliable design. The flysheet is made of resistant polyester fabric. It features two layers for excellent water protection. Such a construction also efficiently keeps the heat inside, so you will feel comfortable during winter outdoor activities. The tent has a removable roof hood. Besides, you can hang a lamp inside, and there is a pocket for keeping diverse accessories. There is a ventilation window, which I highly appreciate.
- Perfect for a family;
- Easy to install;
- Waterproof reliable fabric;
- Double-layer construction.
- Only one color to choose from.
- ✔ EASY SET UP: Instead of messy and complicated installation work, this family camping tent features at an easy and quick assembling/disassembling with only 3 flexible fiberglass poles to save time and make a reliable open-air shelter.
- ✔ RELIABLE CONSTRUCTION: Double layer designed, the flysheet is well made with 2500mm+ water resistant polyester fabric, and the polyethylene floor is even 5000mm water resistant, all fabrics are made with fire retardant material. The fiberglass poles and aluminum tent peg help build a strong construction shelter. This survival tent will help you out in an emergency, provide you with dry and warm shelter after the storm.
- ✔ SPACIOUS COMMODIOUS: Measures 6.9 by 5.9 feet for the tent size to accommodate 3 person and a vestibule of 3 feet in length giving an area for outdoor gear storage and weather protection. Great for couples or family with kids.
3. Vidalido – Reliable Double-Wall 4-Season Family Tent
Vidalido produces all-weather tents with various designs. This tent has a conical appearance, so it’s highly convenient for a large family.
The tent features a 94,8-inch height and 150-inch length when it is set up. However, it doesn’t take a lot of space when packed. It also has a convenient bag with handles so that you can carry it in your hands or put the item into the backpack.
As this product is designed for many people, it weighs more than other models. Together with all the accessories, including ropes, roots, and flags, the kit has 14 lbs weight. Thanks to the construction, it doesn’t take a lot of time to install the tent. It takes only several minutes, and your sleeping place is ready.
The Vidalido tent can give you a long-lasting performance because it’s made of anti-tear polyester and Oxford material. It also makes the product wind and water-resistant. The solid and durable steel poles provide a stable structure. The tent has excellent ventilation. It features a mesh layer, which also keeps the warmth inside. You can choose from three color variations: gray, white, and yellow.
- Perfect design for the family (5-6 people);
- Has a convenient carrying bag;
- Durable construction;
- Waterproof materials.
- Doesn’t have the space for backpacks.
- MULTIFUNCTION USE:Conical appearance, with enough space and height inside, can make people stand inside the tent without restriction.When you travel outdoors, if you need to change clothes, this tent will make you feel very convenient.You can also remove the external account for two installs, and you can use the outside account as a temporary dressing room, bathroom and toilet.The purchase of a Indian dome is equivalent to the purchase of two outdoor travel tents.
- SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION:The tipi family tent is made of anti-tear 190T patterned polyester and 150D Oxford fabric for long lasting performance. Premium anti-rust and reinforced steel tent poles provide a sturdy structural support. Stitching taping and caulking treatment complement the premium waterproof,tough enough to withsand wind、rain. Fabric to keep the interior dry in rainy days.
- COST PERFORMANCE:This tent has a capacity of 5-6 people! Perfect for family camping or adventures with friends. This is the perfect family tent for any adventure! High Quality,Extremely lightweight,Bring the VIDALIDO hiking Tent on your next outdoor adventure, and you'll sleep soundly knowing you saved BIG money!
4. Forceatt – Best Ultralight 4-Season Tent
This tent is available in two designs, for two and three people. Forceatt construction is highly lightweight; it’s created specifically for easy transportation while traveling.
If you choose a smaller option, it comes with dimensions of 88.6 x 53.1 inches. Also, the height is 43.3 inches. This model doesn’t require a lot of storing space when packed, as it is 16.5 x 5.5 inches. The larger tent measures 88.4 x 72.7 x 47.2 inches. Its packaging dimensions are 16.5 x 7 inches. Both designs also have additional space for keeping the item conveniently in your backpack.
The difference in weight between the 2 and 3-person tents isn’t very significant. The biggest one weighs about 6.6 pounds, and the lightest 4-season tent is 5.5 pounds. They are so lightweight because of the construction. Many manufacturers use steel for designing tents, which is strong but, at the same time, heavy. However, Forceatt applies aluminum, which I find more beneficial. It is also reliable but a lot lighter.
This lightweight 4-season tent is suitable for camping in the rain. It is made of waterproof polyester and has sturdy zippers. There is a dual-use zipper for easier access to the tent. Also, the product has a mesh layer for avoiding condensation during hot days. The model is designed with a simple lock function, so it takes less time to set it up.
- Offers a tent for two and three people;
- Highly lightweight;
- Provides good ventilation.
- The construction is less stable than other models have.
- [Light and comfortable]: The internal dimensions of the Forceatt backpacking tent are 225 x 185 x 120 cm (88.4 x 72.7 x 47.2 inches), which can accommodate three people at the same time. At the same time, its packaging measures 43 x 18 cm and weighs 2.98 kg, which saves space and is easy to transport.
- [Waterproof and windproof]: The waterproof tent material is composed of high-quality 70D polyester fiber and 200T waterproof coating, which can effectively prevent water from seeping out. The welded floor design lifts the floor of the backpack tent to protect it from wet floors.
- [Ventilation and lightness]: The upper part of the ultra-light tent has a large mesh window and two ceiling openings to ensure air circulation and high breathability; micro-mesh fabric enhances breathability and comfort. Penetrates and removes odors and has no chemical odor.
5. Coleman – Large 4-Season Tent for Any Weather
If you need a reliable tent for a big family or group of friends, look for a huge variety of large tents from Coleman. This particular model is perfect for all seasons and serves for a long time.
There are two options you can choose from, the tents for 6 and 10 people. The first one measures 132 x 108 inches. It has enough room for two queen-size airbeds and still remains spacious. The tent for ten people has a 204 x 108 inches construction, which allows you to place three queen-size airbeds there.
Because of the similar construction, both tents weigh about thirty pounds. The poles are made of aluminum, which is lightweight. The setup procedure might take more time than for the 2-person model. However, after several attempts, you will get accustomed to the tent and set it up in a shorter time.
This large all-weather tent has a hinged door for simple access inside and outside. Its zipper is made of water-resistant fabric for a higher protection level. Also, the floors are waterproof. The product has a wind-strong frame, so you will feel comfortable inside no matter the weather outside.
- Perfect for a big family or company as it is spacious;
- Water and wind-resistant;
- Has storage pockets.
- Quite expensive;
- More challenging to transfer.
- Cabin-like 10-person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Hinged front door for easy entry and room divider for extra privacy
What Is a Four-Season Tent?
A four-season tent is designed for fabulous camping in any weather. For the coldest days, such tents have dual-layer construction. However, this model also protects people inside from the heat during the summer. There is also an additional mesh layer for better ventilation.
This tent’s frame also differs a little from the standard models. They are usually highly strong and made of steel or aluminum. There are various sizes of four-season tents. You can choose a one-person four-season tent or even a tent for the group of ten. However, not all the tents named “4-season tent” are reliable. However, there are several manufacturers you can trust, and you can check them in the 4-season tent reviews above.
How to Choose the Best Four-Season Tent?
Let’s look at the main features of this type of tent and see in which way the best all-season tent should be designed.
Size and weight
I recommend you to search for lightweight models because they are easier to carry and set up. Also, it is more comfortable if a tent has a height of 43 inches and more. Choose the length and width of the item according to your preferences. By the way, don’t purchase a 3-person tent for 2 people because it might be too cold to sleep in it. The one-person four-season tent can also be not so effective in keeping the heat inside.
Polyester is the most common material for tents as it’s long-lasting and reliable. I recommend you to search for the tents that have been tested to be water and windproof. The aluminum construction is more lightweight. However, the steel model is more durable and reliable.
The most essential feature of good 4-season tents is that they protect you from water and wind. A dual-layer floor and coating are required. Also, double seams make the entire construction stronger. The mesh layer is excellent for summer camping. Such characteristics as pockets and windows should be chosen according to your preferences.
4-Season Tent vs 3-Season Model
At first sight, you might not notice any difference between 3-season and 4-season tents. However, the second option has a more sturdy coating and frame. It also features a dual-layer design, which not all 3-season tents have. However, if you don’t go camping in winter or always travel by car, a 3-season version will be excellent for you.
What is a four season tent?
A four season tent is a type of tent that is designed to be used in all four seasons of the year. Four season tents are typically made from thicker and more durable materials than three season tents, and they often have additional features such as ventilation systems and snow flaps to help keep the interior of the tent warm and dry in winter conditions.
What is the difference between a three and four season tent?
A three season tent is typically lighter weight and has more mesh panels to increase ventilation, while a four season tent is designed to withstand harsher weather conditions and typically has fewer mesh panels.
Do I need a 4 season tent for winter?
A four season tent is not necessary for winter camping, but it will provide the best protection from the elements. Winter camping can be done in any tent, but a four season tent will be more rugged and able to withstand high winds and heavy snowfall.
How much warmer is a 4 season tent?
A 4 season tent is usually about 3-5 degrees warmer than a 3 season tent.
Go Camping Wherever You Want
A four-season tent is a highly convenient type of hiking equipment, especially if you frequently go camping and are not afraid of thunderstorms and strong winds. For such weather, you need the best four-season tent. I hope that you will find one among the products I have described. The GEERTOP tent is my top choice on the list. I recommend this model for its quality material, lightweight, and easy process of installation, which is perfect for summer and winter camping.
Do you like camping? How often do you sleep in tents? Do you have any other recommendations for choosing the best four-season tent? Please, write your thoughts in the comments below.